Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Barncat Artisan Ales, Cambridge

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

anyone know if their stuff gets kegged at all for bars? I'm curious if they are only doing growler sales right now.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Just growler sales for the most part, but a few local places are getting a keg this week. I'll let Matt or Jeremy give out a list of places.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

DeMarco wrote:anyone know if their stuff gets kegged at all for bars? I'm curious if they are only doing growler sales right now.
Pretty much only growler sales for now, although we did just send out kegs of Bump & Grind to The Bent Elbow, The Bruce (in Cambridge), b@themuseum, and Brux House.

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

Would love to stop by for a fill but hours aren't conducive to my out of towner travel schedule. Bummer. Hearing good things.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

They're usually around after 5 weekdays and all day Sunday. You can just knock on the door. They don't post those hours because there is no guarantee they'll be there, so you take your chances. But if you're already in the area I would try to swing by.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:They're usually around after 5 weekdays and all day Sunday. You can just knock on the door. They don't post those hours because there is no guarantee they'll be there, so you take your chances. But if you're already in the area I would try to swing by.
please don't do this. message me on twitter, or email me if you can't come during our regular hours, and we will try to accommodate you.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

J343MY wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:They're usually around after 5 weekdays and all day Sunday. You can just knock on the door. They don't post those hours because there is no guarantee they'll be there, so you take your chances. But if you're already in the area I would try to swing by.
please don't do this. message me on twitter, or email me if you can't come during our regular hours, and we will try to accommodate you.
Oh, sorry. I was under the impression that was ok. I apologize.
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge

ritzkiss

Post by ritzkiss »

Arranged it with Jeremy to pop by tonight. Got to try their 4 beers that are on right now (all delicious!) and walk out with a couple growlers - thanks Jeremy!

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

I dropped a keg of our coffee milk stout off at Bar Hop Brew Co. earlier today. First keg to make it Toronto so far. Should be on early in the week.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

Stopped by the boys' tonight and grabbed a few samples and a couple growlers. Just terrific stuff. Electric Dream Machine is so ridiculously juicy and rich. Awesome. Well worth the trip!

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I'm going to be echoing the praise I've been seeing in this thread. Stopped by the brewery on Saturday with some friends. We talked with Jeremy and Matt for a bit while mulling over the samples and left with growlers. I got Chase the Sun, Electric Dream Machine, and Bump & Grind and after having a full pour of each one I have to say they are standing head and shoulders above the majority of Ontario Brewers.

Chase the Sun is a grassy, lemony banger with a clean leafy green bitterness on the finish and made me realize I need more Hallertau Blanc hops in my life.

Electric Dream Machine is very well integrated and just as crushable as Chase the Sun with just a touch more alcohol presence. Flavours of Mango, grapefruit, maybe something like plum or green grape, pithy bitterness that lingers, and some modest, balancing honey sweetness.

Bump & Grind is deceptively rich with flavours of vanilla, brownie, unsweetened cocoa, coffee acidity, and mild roast. I'm hoping there are plans for barrel aging.

Jeremy and Matt: it was great meeting you guys. I'm highly optimistic for your new business and I hope you manage to jump in full-time sooner than later.
Last edited by ChrisK on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Looks like Chase the Sun just went on tap at Folly. I'm liking the growing presence in Toronto, considering I'm in Cambridge only once or twice a year.

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Has anyone tried Bloom yet?

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

ChrisK wrote:Has anyone tried Bloom yet?
is that the hibiscus brew? if so, a friend brought a 1L a couple weeks ago, it was pinkish in colour, quite delicious and refreshing and easy-drinking

ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

GtownRandy wrote:
ChrisK wrote:Has anyone tried Bloom yet?
is that the hibiscus brew? if so, a friend brought a 1L a couple weeks ago, it was pinkish in colour, quite delicious and refreshing and easy-drinking
Yeah, that's the one.