Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brock St Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Brock St Brewing

Post by mgmoney »

Firgit to post last week but attended their grand opening and gotta say really enjoyed their blonde ale and Irish red...their double IPA will be sampled next...I'm just glad durham county now has 4 or 5 options for local breweries and I hope they continue to up their game
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

I think you've had a few too many :)

Since I had to look it up, I figured others would too. Looks like they are located just off of Brock Street in Whitby (kind of odd considering the name).

http://www.brockstreetbrewing.com/

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I think they were planning to open in an old fire hall in downtown Whitby on Brock Street. They are still awaiting some red tape to be peeled away before they can use that space. There current (temporary?) digs are pretty much across the street from 5 Paddles.

skootles

Post by skootles »

I had their IIPA not too long ago and it was pretty darn good. Darker and maltier than other IIPAs. The hops were more subtle too though that may also be because it was a week or two old (and it was in a growler).

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Nothing spectacular but these guys are close by me and sometimes an Irish red or blonde ale from these guys just hit the spot! Consistent non offensive offerings...
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

I don't like their beer outside of the porter. Very meh. And I was laughed at once not in a jovial way, but in a 'you a rookie' kind of way when I went in on a Sunday asking about some chili porter or stout they released on the Friday. It was sold out and I was stupid for not knowing it would have been I guess. I'm sure it was just as lame as most of their other beer.

However... I'll be interested to see what happens when the new location is built and opened. If they will actually do anything interesting. And maybe make a banana porter that actually tastes like it has some banana in it this time.

End of smarmyness. But it's deserved if you ask me.