Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

napoleon
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby napoleon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 am

BakaGaijin wrote:As per the Cask Days beer listings....looks like Barn Owl #3 will be a saison aged on peaches (awesome!) And 3 Minutes to Midnight will be made with Raspberries.

Damn both of those sound delicious...maybe I should regret not getting tickets.
By the way, Jutsu (the final version) has returned to the bottle shop with a now-permanent label. Cat Lady has also made a reappearance.
User avatar
skootles
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:55 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby skootles » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Fucking finally! 3 Minutes to Midnight is being released at the end of October. I've been eagerly waiting for it since they announced it in an August 2014 blog post.

From their newsletter:

You heard it here first -- 3 Minutes to Midnight will be released this month! This imperial stout barrel aged with cherries has spent a solid 12 months hibernating in barrels, giving the fruit and roasted malts ample time to get to know each other, enjoy their honeymoon phase, get bored of hearing each other's same old stories over and over again, have a blow out fight, decide that they really want to put in the effort to 'make it work', and then rekindle their romance. It's a modern love story that also tastes great -- available in bottles in the last week of October (final date TBA).
Morrish
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:10 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby Morrish » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:19 pm

skootles wrote:Fucking finally! 3 Minutes to Midnight is being released at the end of October. I've been eagerly waiting for it since they announced it in an August 2014 blog post.

From their newsletter:

You heard it here first -- 3 Minutes to Midnight will be released this month! This imperial stout barrel aged with cherries has spent a solid 12 months hibernating in barrels, giving the fruit and roasted malts ample time to get to know each other, enjoy their honeymoon phase, get bored of hearing each other's same old stories over and over again, have a blow out fight, decide that they really want to put in the effort to 'make it work', and then rekindle their romance. It's a modern love story that also tastes great -- available in bottles in the last week of October (final date TBA).


Waited way to long for this. Hopefully followed by BOYD in November.
ckoop
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 am
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby ckoop » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:12 pm

I just need more skeleton key. Drank my last bottle last week and was pretty bummed when it was gone with no hints at a future release. I could use more lambda too!
cheechonaleash
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Simcoe

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby cheechonaleash » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:32 pm

ckoop wrote:I just need more skeleton key. Drank my last bottle last week and was pretty bummed when it was gone with no hints at a future release. I could use more lambda too!


They posted a photo quite some time ago of the spice mixture used in Skeleton Key with brief announcement of it being brewed on that day for eventual future release. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Have a look at the official instagram account at a post from 37 weeks ago. It's in the works!
BakaGaijin
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby BakaGaijin » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:10 pm

cheechonaleash wrote:
ckoop wrote:I just need more skeleton key. Drank my last bottle last week and was pretty bummed when it was gone with no hints at a future release. I could use more lambda too!


They posted a photo quite some time ago of the spice mixture used in Skeleton Key with brief announcement of it being brewed on that day for eventual future release. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Have a look at the official instagram account at a post from 37 weeks ago. It's in the works!


The last SK release was aged for 12 months....so this would probably be a year away if it was brewed a month ago.
cheechonaleash
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm
Location: Simcoe

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby cheechonaleash » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:55 pm

BakaGaijin wrote:
cheechonaleash wrote:
ckoop wrote:I just need more skeleton key. Drank my last bottle last week and was pretty bummed when it was gone with no hints at a future release. I could use more lambda too!


They posted a photo quite some time ago of the spice mixture used in Skeleton Key with brief announcement of it being brewed on that day for eventual future release. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Have a look at the official instagram account at a post from 37 weeks ago. It's in the works!


The last SK release was aged for 12 months....so this would probably be a year away if it was brewed a month ago.


I believe they were set to brew when they posted this which was 37 weeks ago. Should be ready in about 4 months give or take. First batch was released at the end of October last year.
BakaGaijin
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby BakaGaijin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:26 pm

^^^^^

My bad, I read that as 37 days. Glad to know the wait is only 4 or so months away.
User avatar
DeMarco
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby DeMarco » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:14 pm

New monogamy showing.
napoleon
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby napoleon » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:00 pm

DeMarco wrote:New monogamy showing.

It doesn't say which Monogamy it is…kind of a flaw in their website. They have an interesting beer on tap this week, Rocky's Farmhouse Ale which is a mixed fermentation ale with 2 brett strains in primary. Pretty good, although nothing I would go wild over.
Coronaeus
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby Coronaeus » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Has anyone been by to see what hop this batch of Monogamy highlights?
User avatar
DeMarco
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby DeMarco » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:33 am

Looks like it is columbus.
napoleon
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby napoleon » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:01 am

DeMarco wrote:Looks like it is columbus.

Tried it last night. It is indeed Columbus. Not the star of the monogamy series, but a respectable entry. Some bitter and vegetal notes. Not a lot of floral. I think I see why this hop is usually part of a team effort.

How I wish there were some way to try the exact same recipe with the different monogamy hops side-by-side. That would be pretty cool.
User avatar
DeMarco
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby DeMarco » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:54 pm

OCTOBER 16TH – BRETT BARREL AGED MONOGAMY

OCTOBER 23RD – LAMBDA

OCTOBER 30TH – 3 MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

NOVEMBER 6TH – DONKEY VENOM
User avatar
skootles
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:55 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby skootles » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:55 pm

RIP my wallet. Looks like Bellwoods is coming out with a barrel-aged release the next 4 Fridays in a row.

http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/quadruple-whammy/

For the lazy:

October 16th – Brett Barrel Aged Monogamy
October 23rd – Lambda
October 30th – 3 Minutes to Midnight
November 6th – Donkey Venom


Price / bottle limits not announced yet except for the Monogamy which will be $9/btl and no limit per person (about 4000 bottles total).

Edit: Demarco beat me by 1 minute :P

Return to “Ontario Brewers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest