Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MeltedOzark

Post by MeltedOzark »

Motley Cru 15 is on tap at the brewpub right now. Couldn't resist dropping by to have a glass. Drinking fantastically of course.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Farmageddon is out today too.

skootles

Post by skootles »

I was pleasantly surprised by that. They also have Monogamy Centennial, Lost River, and Jutsu back in there. There's also a limit of 4 for the Farmageddon #10.

There was a healthy line when I was there shortly after 11, probably about 25-35 people.

Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I'm guessing the chances of BOYD being available on Monday are pretty slim?

Any one willing to grab me a bottle? If so it would be greatly appreciated.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

I just got back as well. For what it's worth, it didn't seem like everyone was buying the maximum 4 bottles. I would suspect the bottle shop is mostly cleared out by late Sunday due to a combination of Christmas shopping and two beer releases though.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

skootles wrote:I was pleasantly surprised by that. They also have Monogamy Centennial, Lost River, and Jutsu back in there. There's also a limit of 4 for the Farmageddon #10.

There was a healthy line when I was there shortly after 11, probably about 25-35 people.
How long does it typically take a line like that to clear out? I'm heading there at open tomorrow and will be tight for time, so might have to skip the stop if they are slow.

skootles

Post by skootles »

ckoop wrote:How long does it typically take a line like that to clear out? I'm heading there at open tomorrow and will be tight for time, so might have to skip the stop if they are slow.
This line seemed to add one person for every one that came out of the shop with something in their hands but I imagine around now it would be slower. It'll definitely pick up again post-5:00 as people get off of work.

Edit: I wonder if it'll sell out tonight. Around 4:00 they posted saying they're getting down below 1000 bottles left.
Last edited by skootles on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

After the initial rush right at launch, there usually isn't much of a line. Usually not more than 5 min at best if there is the odd mini-rush.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Less people than at GLB. GLB was a zoo. Waited over 30 minutes at GLB.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

BOYD is now sold out.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

I only picked up 2 bottles and some farmageddon plus Jutsu and witchshark today around noon so guess I got there just in time
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

this batch of Boyd is delicious. grabbed a couple bottles and had it on draft fri night, absolutely love it.

rfrf

Post by rfrf »

jeremyg wrote:this batch of Boyd is delicious. grabbed a couple bottles and had it on draft fri night, absolutely love it.
Draft > bottle for me. Bottle is of course fantastic but there's something extra on draft..

FEUO

Post by FEUO »

rfrf wrote:
jeremyg wrote:this batch of Boyd is delicious. grabbed a couple bottles and had it on draft fri night, absolutely love it.
Draft > bottle for me. Bottle is of course fantastic but there's something extra on draft..
What's extra? Can you describe what is so different that makes it superior?
Just curious.
Or can you playfully admit that its purely psychological as the atmosphere at Bellwoods IS awesome. :)

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

This batch of Jutsu is phenomenal
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...