Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Re: Bellwoods Brewery

Postby Belgian » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:43 pm

OZ BOTTLES today - There was a 'limited-supply' Jelly King Strawberry Rhubarb 7.5

As well as

Omerta
Psidiumism (not listed) 7
In Beerum Veritas
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:53 pm

Belgian wrote:OZ BOTTLES today - There was a 'limited-supply' Jelly King Strawberry Rhubarb 7.5

As well as

Omerta
Psidiumism (not listed) 7

What's the 7.5 and 7? How many bottles were left or something? Half a bottle?
Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Postby Belgian » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:04 pm

Blasphomet wrote:What's the 7.5 and 7? How many bottles were left or something? Half a bottle?

It's how much joy money you part with.

* Edit * the Psidiumism is really good, it's Milkshark-y in a different way. They are really into this foggy resiny-pithy fruity thing right now. Guava this time, the tartness is pretty real. Sammy's quote "I wouldn’t want every beer to have the salt flavour, but refreshing on a very hot today. " True.
Last edited by Belgian on Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In Beerum Veritas
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:15 pm

Belgian wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:What's the 7.5 and 7? How many bottles were left or something? Half a bottle?

It's how much joy money you part with.

Oh of course lol. Should have gotten that.

I did nab a bottle of StrawBarb last week... haven't cranked it yet but I am looking forward to it.
skootles

Postby skootles » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:14 am

The Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly King is definitely one of my favourite variants thus far. Light, refreshing, and some great strawberry flavour in there. Grabbed a couple extra bottles before the long weekend to share with out of towners and I'm glad I did.
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 pm

skootles wrote:The Strawberry Rhubarb Jelly King is definitely one of my favourite variants thus far. Light, refreshing, and some great strawberry flavour in there. Grabbed a couple extra bottles before the long weekend to share with out of towners and I'm glad I did.

I agree. My favourite. Strawberry works extremely will in beer if you ask me. It adds a nice sweet, yet tangy/sour character all on it's own. Beautiful.

Same goes with 5 Paddles Strawberry Wheat., which was gone when I went by on Monday. Dude said another batch is coming though.
FEUO

Postby FEUO » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:04 pm

I'll leave this here.
gjkerr

Postby gjkerr » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:41 pm

FEUO wrote:Image

I'll leave this here.

Presumably (a new batch) will be made available locally at Witchstock on Sept 30 ... fingers crossed
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Runes finally get's a unique label. Been waiting for that. Surprised it took so long.
ChrisK

Postby ChrisK » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Looks like passionfruit Milkshark will be dropping soon.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZPZL8zhCdy/
skootles

Postby skootles » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:58 am

Had some Barn Owl #8 at Witchstock yesterday and it was pretty good. When I asked about a release date I was told it would be released today. I imagine the White Picket Fence variants will also be released sometime as they were also bottle pours.

Edit: Well, it didn't show up so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:36 pm

Kind of wish I went to Witchstock now. I had no idea breweries like Trillium and Other Half would be there. Beer lists weren't posted until like the day before. Maybe if I read into it I could have figured it out though, but I didn't pay attention I guess. I'll make sure to go next year now.

Anyhow I swung by yesterday and grabbed the new bottles as well as the cans of Jutsu and Witchshark. Kind of hope they starting canning a lot more stuff. I understand now that they still had PM Dawn by Trillium pouring... but as usual I was just in and out with my beer. Should have thought to ask. Woe is me.
jeremyg

Postby jeremyg » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Man witchstock was sooooo much fun. best beer festival i've been to in a while.
JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Postby JerCraigs » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 am

Blasphomet wrote:Kind of wish I went to Witchstock now. I had no idea breweries like Trillium and Other Half would be there. Beer lists weren't posted until like the day before. Maybe if I read into it I could have figured it out though, but I didn't pay attention I guess. I'll make sure to go next year now.

They listed the breweries when tickets went on sale. Not the actual beers, but the breweries.
Blasphomet

Postby Blasphomet » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:28 am

JerCraigs wrote:
Blasphomet wrote:Kind of wish I went to Witchstock now. I had no idea breweries like Trillium and Other Half would be there. Beer lists weren't posted until like the day before. Maybe if I read into it I could have figured it out though, but I didn't pay attention I guess. I'll make sure to go next year now.

They listed the breweries when tickets went on sale. Not the actual beers, but the breweries.

Yeah see I didn't pay enough attention.

Return to “Ontario Brewers”