Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Definitely the smoothest release of its kind at Hafis. Gord was really working the double cash at the beginning and things were going swiftly.

Lots of idiots like me cashing in their RRSPs to get a case so I assume this will be gone pretty quickly.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Skeleton Key up next.....my wallet takin' a beating.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Skeleton Key is good, but I am going to sit that one out. Walked out with the full allotment of 12 BOYD and need to show some restraint. It's a matter of personal preference but for me BOYD is the unquestionable king. I'm a brandy/cognac drinker and imperial stout might be my favourite beer style so it truly is a perfect marriage. I appreciate the challenges in sourcing barrels, but remain surprised that more breweries don't take a stab at a brandy/cognac barrel aged stout, especially given the immense popularity of BOYD.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Anyone know if/when the Ossington brewpub will be pouring this year's BOYD? Always fun to compare keg and bottle variants.

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

Hafis was pouring it yesterday.

nickw

Post by nickw »

Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone know if/when the Ossington brewpub will be pouring this year's BOYD? Always fun to compare keg and bottle variants.
They were pouring it last night.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

nickw wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone know if/when the Ossington brewpub will be pouring this year's BOYD? Always fun to compare keg and bottle variants.
At Ossington? I don't see it listed as pouring at Ossington on their website. I know Hafis has it pouring, but I'm a downtown dweller and definitely don't want to be driving if I'm doing a BOYD drinking session.

nickw

Post by nickw »

Provost Drunk wrote:
nickw wrote:
At Ossington? I don't see it listed as pouring at Ossington on their website. I know Hafis has it pouring, but I'm a downtown dweller and definitely don't want to be driving if I'm doing a BOYD drinking session.
Huh. Yeah, it was definitely on last night when I stopped in around 830-9.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

nickw wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:
nickw wrote:
Huh. Yeah, it was definitely on last night when I stopped in around 830-9.
Thanks - will have to pay them a visit this week!

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

The Grapefruit Pale Ale in the bottle shops today is nice and light with loads of fresh grapefruit flavour. If grapefruit is your thing and you appreciate lower ABV this is a winner in my books.

ckoop

Post by ckoop »

Man, I'm not a big glassware guy, but that skeleton key glass teased on instagram is outstanding!

gjkerr

Post by gjkerr »

ckoop wrote:Man, I'm not a big glassware guy, but that skeleton key glass teased on instagram is outstanding!
Big time.

beerstodiscover
Bar Fly

Post by beerstodiscover »

It looks like the same shape as the BOYD glass, which I'm drinking out of right now. Kinda like a smoother version of the Teku glass.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

The BOYD glass didn't tickle my fancy, but this Skeleton Key one does!

Doing a cull of beer glasses again, trying to keep my collection to under 100 glasses, gets harder every year to remove older ones! As a workaround I've begun collecting taster and sampler glasses instead, which I don't count towards my glassware total.
:lol:

Cadbury102

Post by Cadbury102 »

I checked their instagram and twitter and can't find anything skeleton key related (glass or beer release). Would someone kindly post a link?