Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Napalm Frog wrote:Double Monogamy Azacca is the new one.

As of 5:30 PM today, stock comparably low at each, was told ~400 at Ossington when I passed by. They are estimating it will likely go tonight, but small chance it'll last until early tomorrow.
The Monogamy looked fairly low already as well at last night just before close at Hafis.

I believe the (cute)girl mentioned about 500 bottles left of the 500ml when I asked as I only saw the boxes of the 750ml.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Did anybody else pick up Mango Milkshark today? The line up was out the door and half a block up Ossington at 11am. Apparently Hafis was lined up out the door and the parking lot was a mess.

They're expecting to be sold out around 2pm. I think this will be their fastest selling beer ever, which is crazy given they announced it less than 24 hours in advance on a weekday.

Shades of New England releases.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

jp_jkl wrote:Did anybody else pick up Mango Milkshark today? The line up was out the door and half a block up Ossington at 11am. Apparently Hafis was lined up out the door and the parking lot was a mess.

They're expecting to be sold out around 2pm. I think this will be their fastest selling beer ever, which is crazy given they announced it less than 24 hours in advance on a weekday.

Yup, co-workers and I just grabbed at Hafis. We were there right at 12PM; took about 35 minutes to get in and out.

nickw

Post by nickw »

jp_jkl wrote:Did anybody else pick up Mango Milkshark today? The line up was out the door and half a block up Ossington at 11am. Apparently Hafis was lined up out the door and the parking lot was a mess.

I swung by Ossington around 12:3; there were a few people in line ahead of me, but I was in and out in ~5 minutes.

andrewd

Post by andrewd »

There was no line at Ossington when I picked up mine at 1 pm, just someone leaving before me and someone else arriving after.

Looked like a full shelf in the fridge plus a few more boxes remaining.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

andrewd wrote:

There was no line at Ossington when I picked up mine at 1 pm, just someone leaving before me and someone else arriving after.

Looked like a full shelf in the fridge plus a few more boxes remaining.
Hopefully some people have luck after work tonight. Hafis sold out at 1:30pm.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

Was at Hafis - about 50 people in line upon opening. No obvious mules from my vantage point - quite a few couples picking up the beer. Lineup was still going out the door when I left at 12:40.

As an aside: I'm sure the 2 warehouses across the street really appreciated the few cars that blocked their entrances and parked illegally on their property while people were lining up for their beer.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Bobsy
Beer Superstar

Post by Bobsy »

You could still get it on tap at Hafis as of 3pm for $5, with pours of Motley Cru at $8.

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Missed this one and the Blackberry. Batches are too small, and I don't care to line up for beer even if I wasn't at work.

Automatic

Post by Automatic »

During my lunch break (when I normally hit the gym) I went over to Ossington from downtown. I got there at ~12:30 and there was no line and plenty of Beer.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Tried the Blackberry and Mango Milksharks the other day and really enjoyed both. On top of the obvious blackberry and citrusy IPA notes I was getting a nice herbal and earthy/vine character from the former, while the latter had an awesome mango sorbet/creamsicle essence that worked well with the IPA base. Whether these beers force us to reconsider the IPA style, or debate whether they are in fact "beer," it's encouraging to see how far we've come from the days when Ontario beer nerds would get excited about Creemore releasing a kellerbier (depressing). We still have a long way to go, of course, but I'm glad to see a handful of Ontario crafters experimenting in ways that only a few years ago would've been deemed unthinkable.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

cratez wrote: it's encouraging to see how far we've come from the days when Ontario beer nerds would get excited about Creemore releasing a kellerbier (depressing).
this was a real gut punch

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

anyways, mango is amazing. i was a huge fan of guava but mango was somehow better.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

Anybody like Ontario peaches? I like peaches. Peaches are good for you.
Reliable Beer Critic

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

northyorksammy wrote:Anybody like Ontario peaches? I like peaches. Peaches are good for you.
Too much fuzz. I prefer nectarines.