Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Bellwoods Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I was surprised to see a bit of a longer line than most releases at 11 AM this morning. Barn Owl Bottles indicate 3472 in total, so with the 4 bottle limit I'm guessing there will still be many on Saturday.

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

wait, so the v5 of jutsu is what they've settled on?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

monogamy centennial is also in the shop

ScienceKiller

Post by ScienceKiller »

Seems like some Barn Owl is still available, might swing by tonight. Has anyone given it a try and recommend it?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I've heard good things from the bottle in terms of plums and carbonation that wasn't all there in the draft version of what I had. But keep in mind this is a brett pale ale for 12 dollars.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

DeMarco wrote:I've heard good things from the bottle in terms of plums and carbonation that wasn't all there in the draft version of what I had. But keep in mind this is a brett pale ale for 12 dollars.
Just to say the Warp and Weft (brett and soured Tequila barrel Berliner) that I finally cracked open is really great & I'm glad I snagged one to try it, even at 12 or whatever dollars it's special stuff.

Probably one of the outstanding beers that defines the Toronto/Bellwoods brew pub experience.
In Beerum Veritas

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

shocked barn owl 2 is still around

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

jeremyg wrote:shocked barn owl 2 is still around
bad news for those who have complained to have Bellwoods lower bottle limits on special release beers.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

jeremyg wrote:shocked barn owl 2 is still around
Have you tried it? I like it and am glad I tried it, but, I ain't buying more of it at $12 per bottle.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

It appears Bellwoods is ready to release a new beer, Cheery Farmageddon. Barrel-aged Brett Saison with Niagara cherries.
http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/cherrified/
Goes on sale next Friday, Sept. 18th at 11 AM. 1,000 bottles @ $12 a pop. Limit 4/pp

Given how long it took the Barn Owl #2 to sell out, this probably won't go the same day...although famous last words.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Yes famous last words. And cherry-sounding beers might be even more attractive than owlish ones.
In Beerum Veritas

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

We having bets here? Im guessing by 3pm it's all gone.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

Haven't bought my "full allotment" on any Bellwoods beers since Motley Cru. But I like farmageddon and I like cherries!

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

napoleon wrote:It appears Bellwoods is ready to release a new beer, Cheery Farmageddon. Barrel-aged Brett Saison with Niagara cherries.
http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/cherrified/
Goes on sale next Friday, Sept. 18th at 11 AM. 1,000 bottles @ $12 a pop. Limit 4/pp

Given how long it took the Barn Owl #2 to sell out, this probably won't go the same day...although famous last words.
Under 300 bottles left as of 14 minutes ago. Looks like this one is selling out in a hurry.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

DeMarco wrote:We having bets here? Im guessing by 3pm it's all gone.