Great Lakes

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

Coronaeus
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: Great Lakes

Postby Coronaeus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Anyone else being re-directed to an ad site when trying to visit the GLB website?
User avatar
skootles
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:55 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Great Lakes

Postby skootles » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Yep, just got that myself. I tweeted at them about it.

Edit: they're working on it.
kevinlater
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:44 pm
Location: Mississauga

Re: Great Lakes

Postby kevinlater » Mon May 09, 2016 9:10 am

GtownRandy
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Great Lakes

Postby GtownRandy » Wed May 18, 2016 5:41 pm

bad news, only one can of Lake Effect left in the LCBO inventory. first one to Zurich, Ontario wins!
User avatar
cratez
Beer Superstar
Posts: 2219
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:29 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Great Lakes

Postby cratez » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:00 am

The My Bitter Wife is drinking beautifully, with massive citrus and mango aromas and a long, resinous finish. Glad to see them canning this one. Hanlan's Point also impressed, as the coconut, roast, and coffee flavours are very well-integrated. Both available at the retail store right now.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott
GtownRandy
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Great Lakes

Postby GtownRandy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Coronaeus wrote:Anyone have a scoop on whether or not Hanlon's Point will indeed be released in March of 2016 as indicated on the brewery site?


It is now listed on LCBO, but no stock yet:
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/hanlons-point-coconut-coffee-porter/458299#.V1cHZNQrJYg
User avatar
jeremyg
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Re: Great Lakes

Postby jeremyg » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:19 am

GLB doing a "collaboration" with Shopify is the most GLB thing ever
User avatar
admviolin
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Great Lakes

Postby admviolin » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:53 am

GtownRandy wrote:
Coronaeus wrote:Anyone have a scoop on whether or not Hanlon's Point will indeed be released in March of 2016 as indicated on the brewery site?


It is now listed on LCBO, but no stock yet:
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/hanlons-point-coconut-coffee-porter/458299#.V1cHZNQrJYg


I was talking to someone at GLB last week and they said the LCBO delayed it due to ingredients and or labelling.
User avatar
jp_jkl
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Great Lakes

Postby jp_jkl » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:46 pm

jeremyg wrote:GLB doing a "collaboration" with Shopify is the most GLB thing ever


They did a pale ale collab with Yelp last year.
User avatar
admviolin
Posts: 263
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Re: Great Lakes

Postby admviolin » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:57 am

admviolin wrote:
GtownRandy wrote:
Coronaeus wrote:Anyone have a scoop on whether or not Hanlon's Point will indeed be released in March of 2016 as indicated on the brewery site?


It is now listed on LCBO, but no stock yet:
http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/hanlons-point-coconut-coffee-porter/458299#.V1cHZNQrJYg


I was talking to someone at GLB last week and they said the LCBO delayed it due to ingredients and or labelling.


King and Spadina had this on the shelf over the weekend.
GtownRandy
Posts: 275
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Great Lakes

Postby GtownRandy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:59 am

Yep close to 2000 in stock now minus the 3 i just bought
walz22
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Re: Great Lakes

Postby walz22 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:10 am

Karma Citra back in the retail store this Thursday for a limited run.
User avatar
Pub Style
Bar Fly
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Great Lakes

Postby Pub Style » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Yes, Karma Citra IPA will be released tomorrow in the GLB retail store.

We'll be posting updates tomorrow, but we should have lots for the weekend.

The store WILL be OPEN on Canada Day as well - 10am to 8pm.
User avatar
Pub Style
Bar Fly
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:24 pm
Location: Ontario
Contact:

Re: Great Lakes

Postby Pub Style » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Life Sentence IIIPA 2016 (Southern Hemisphere) will be released tomorrow at the GLB retail store.

Details here: http://www.greatlakesbeer.com/mike-lackey-chats-life-sentence-iiipa-2016/

Tasting notes: http://www.greatlakesbeer.com/beer/life-sentence-iiipa-2016/

Image
BakaGaijin
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:41 pm
Location: Burlington

Re: Great Lakes

Postby BakaGaijin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:17 pm

Pub Style wrote:Life Sentence IIIPA 2016 (Southern Hemisphere) will be released tomorrow at the GLB


Looking forward to trying this. Quite enjoyed last years version.

You guys have any plans to make some NE style IPA's like Trillium or Treehouse in the near future?!?

Return to “Ontario Brewers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron