Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Great Lakes

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

skootles

Post by skootles »

Ooooh, nice. I wish they'd update all of their social media accounts when they announce releases like this. I generally miss some because I don't check Twitter/Instagram/Facebook religiously throughout the day and things get lost in the flood of other posts.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

ISO!
Craig wrote:Great Lakes Beer CDN ‏@GreatLakesBeer 1h1 hour ago
Apocalypse Much Later (Barrel-Aged Imp Black IPA) cans now in retail!

MeltedOzark

Post by MeltedOzark »

JerCraigs wrote:ISO!
Craig wrote:Great Lakes Beer CDN ‏@GreatLakesBeer 1h1 hour ago
Apocalypse Much Later (Barrel-Aged Imp Black IPA) cans now in retail!
It's really good. If there's any left I could grab some and trade it around to anyone on here who wants it.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

I would definitely take one or two. I don't think I'll make it out to the brewery to get some.

MeltedOzark

Post by MeltedOzark »

JerCraigs wrote:I would definitely take one or two. I don't think I'll make it out to the brewery to get some.
I'll try and stop by tonight on my way home from work. I think there may have been a limit of 2. I'll respond back here to confirm.

napoleon

Post by napoleon »

MeltedOzark wrote:
JerCraigs wrote:I would definitely take one or two. I don't think I'll make it out to the brewery to get some.
I'll try and stop by tonight on my way home from work. I think there may have been a limit of 2. I'll respond back here to confirm.
Yeah, if anyone gets in on this, I have a surplus of bellwoods to trade. Would love to try.

MeltedOzark

Post by MeltedOzark »

napoleon wrote:
MeltedOzark wrote:
Yeah, if anyone gets in on this, I have a surplus of bellwoods to trade. Would love to try.

I just grabbed 5 from the brewery. Still a bit left so if there's still demand I could grab some tomorrow too. They were 6.50 a can. PM me if interested.

Pub Style
Bar Fly

Post by Pub Style »

skootles wrote:Ooooh, nice. I wish they'd update all of their social media accounts when they announce releases like this. I generally miss some because I don't check Twitter/Instagram/Facebook religiously throughout the day and things get lost in the flood of other posts.
Not to be cheeky, but we did... :D

Instagram - https://instagram.com/p/9ZCpE4P30Z/?tak ... tlakesbeer

Twitter - https://twitter.com/GreatLakesBeer/stat ... 9601245184

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/GreatLakesBeer ... =2&theater

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

They do seem to be updating the list on the web-site more regularly too. Hopefully that is done regularly (daily) going forward...

skootles

Post by skootles »

Pub Style wrote:
skootles wrote:Ooooh, nice. I wish they'd update all of their social media accounts when they announce releases like this. I generally miss some because I don't check Twitter/Instagram/Facebook religiously throughout the day and things get lost in the flood of other posts.
Not to be cheeky, but we did... :D
Actually my comment was specific to the Apocalypse Much Later release. :wink:

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Looks like Lake Effect will be back next week:

Great Lakes Beer CDN ‏@GreatLakesBeer 5h5 hours ago
Coming to #GLBretail store next week in cans!

Roland Baggetts and his sunny disposition!

http://bit.ly/LakeEffectIPA

skootles

Post by skootles »

Apparently the GLB x Amsterdam Life Sentence IIIPA is coming back, too. Though looks like this time it'll have lots of Yakima hops in it (articles about the first batch from last year that I found only mentioned Amarillo, Nelson, Simcoe, and Citra).

kevinlater

Post by kevinlater »

beyond the wavy wall imperial stout bombers now in the retail fridge

BeboThoughts

Post by BeboThoughts »

They're showing a beer called Night Terrors. Does anyone know what kind of beer this is? Can't find anything online.

skootles

Post by skootles »

BeboThoughts wrote:They're showing a beer called Night Terrors. Does anyone know what kind of beer this is? Can't find anything online.
Neither can I, but I'm going to stop by the brewery later anyway and ask (while picking up a bottle or two of the stout).

Edit: Looks like it's another Imperial Stout.