Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Nickel Brook Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Nickel Brook Brewing

Post by Craig »

Since we've been talking about sours a bit in another thread:

Nickel Brook Brewing ‏@NickelBrookBeer 20h20 hours ago Burlington, Ontario
Our new Raspberry Uber Berliner Weisse. Available now at our Brewery Retail Store in 750ml bottles for $8.95 #BurlON

walz22

Post by walz22 »

I'll be in Burlington tonight visiting my parents, so I might stop by the brewery to pick this up. Has anyone tried it yet?

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

I had it earlier this month at Bar Hop. Similar to the original, fruit is there and not too overpowering. If you like the original, this one is definitely worth a shot.

walz22

Post by walz22 »

Napalm Frog wrote:I had it earlier this month at Bar Hop. Similar to the original, fruit is there and not too overpowering. If you like the original, this one is definitely worth a shot.
Good stuff, thanks!

skootles

Post by skootles »

According to this thread, Nickel Brook is planning a lot more sours. :D
I got the go ahead to tell you that Nickel Brook is planning a lot more sours

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

skootles wrote:According to this thread, Nickel Brook is planning a lot more sours. :D
I got the go ahead to tell you that Nickel Brook is planning a lot more sours
Apparently, this has been in the works for quite some time. I heard they were planning on using the original location in Burlington to focus on sours and experimentation once the new brewery in Hamilton was up and running and churning out their core products.

They were previously concerned about possible cross-contamination when they only had the one location.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Double dry hopped Naughty Neighbour and Headstock available at the brewery.

Also, 11/05 collab with Sawdust City coming out Nov 5th. Imperial saison with fruit.

boney
Seasoned Drinker

Post by boney »

The DDH Naughty is very good. The DDH Headstock is ridiculous. Even if not for the dry hopping, this batch of Headstock has the malt dialed way, way back and would have been an excellent batch on its own. Easily the best it's tasted since early summer/late spring and the dry hopping is icing on the cake.

When Headstock is on, its the best IPA in Ontario. When it's not, it falls quite a ways back in the pack.

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

boney wrote:The DDH Naughty is very good. The DDH Headstock is ridiculous. Even if not for the dry hopping, this batch of Headstock has the malt dialed way, way back and would have been an excellent batch on its own. Easily the best it's tasted since early summer/late spring and the dry hopping is icing on the cake.

When Headstock is on, its the best IPA in Ontario. When it's not, it falls quite a ways back in the pack.
This is great to hear. I've been so disappointed with that beer lately and was worried that they had tweaked it permanently to satisfy a broader palette.
Would love to try the double dry hopped but will not be anywhere near Hamilton to pick some up. Real shame.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

BakaGaijin wrote:Double dry hopped Naughty Neighbour and Headstock available at the brewery.

Also, 11/05 collab with Sawdust City coming out Nov 5th. Imperial saison with fruit.
I am going to have to try these...

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

^^^I'm probably stopping by the brewery sometime this weekend. I can pick some up for you if you like and you can pick it up from me at Robert Speck.

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

BakaGaijin wrote:^^^I'm probably stopping by the brewery sometime this weekend. I can pick some up for you if you like and you can pick it up from me at Robert Speck.
PM sent...

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

-Liam- wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:^^^I'm probably stopping by the brewery sometime this weekend. I can pick some up for you if you like and you can pick it up from me at Robert Speck.
PM sent...
Sorry, that post was for TheSevenDuffs. I won't be in Toronto anytime soon.

-Liam-

Post by -Liam- »

No worries.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

BakaGaijin wrote:
-Liam- wrote:
PM sent...
Sorry, that post was for TheSevenDuffs. I won't be in Toronto anytime soon.
Thanks. I appreciate the offer. I managed to convince by friend from work who lives down the road from the brewery to stop by and get me some cans, so I am taken care of :)