Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Indie Ale House

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Napalm Frog

Indie Ale House

Post by Napalm Frog »

For their 3rd Anniversary, releasing an Old Flanders Brown this Friday at 5PM, as a launch of a new series. Limited release of 500 bottles, with fancy bottle.

I'll probably grab a pair.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

What relation would this beer have to the beer of the same name released in 2014? Was that a blend of different vintages too? I'm guessing this is the type of beer that would be a little different each time they make it? It is not a style I have had a huge amount of, and certainly not different vintages of a particular beer.

I swung by today at about 12:30 and received bottles 205 and 206. I'm guessing this has not yet sold out despite the limited run of 500.

I've always liked Indie Alehouse. I am happy they seem to be bottling a wider variety of their beers more regularly and in 500ml bottles to boot.

This new Fates and Furies program is something i will follow with interest.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Indie Ale House is doing another Fates & Furies release this Friday. There was a $2.50 bottle deposit last time as they want the bottles back.
Fates & Furies release! Friday November 13th, Furlong Farmhouse ale with brettanomyces $10, 500 bottles available. On sale at noon!

broedie4

Post by broedie4 »

2014 was all from the same batch... Was a limited release. This year was a blend. This will be a regular release once or maybe twice a year. Definitely minor differences release to release, but for the most part always relatively trying to blend for consistency. Indie will be tapping some of this year's blend by the end of the year at the brewpub. Stay tuned.
Coronaeus wrote:What relation would this beer have to the beer of the same name released in 2014? Was that a blend of different vintages too? I'm guessing this is the type of beer that would be a little different each time they make it? It is not a style I have had a huge amount of, and certainly not different vintages of a particular beer.

I swung by today at about 12:30 and received bottles 205 and 206. I'm guessing this has not yet sold out despite the limited run of 500.

I've always liked Indie Alehouse. I am happy they seem to be bottling a wider variety of their beers more regularly and in 500ml bottles to boot.

This new Fates and Furies program is something i will follow with interest.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

broedie4 wrote:2014 was all from the same batch... Was a limited release. This year was a blend. This will be a regular release once or maybe twice a year. Definitely minor differences release to release, but for the most part always relatively trying to blend for consistency. Indie will be tapping some of this year's blend by the end of the year at the brewpub. Stay tuned.
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the Brett Furlong release tomorrow.

Napalm Frog

Post by Napalm Frog »

Zombie Apocalypse was released this past Saturday. However, not mentioned anywhere that I can find there is a barrel aged coconut chocolate variant. Even has its own unique label of a zombie with a coconut bra. I assume stock is limited, and will probably be gone by the end of the holiday.

I picked up a pair of both, but won't have a taste of either til later in the week.

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

An event posted by the South Etobicoke Brewers - a group of consisting of Great Lakes, Indie Ale House, Black Oak, Von Bugle, and Big Rock - mentions a "new location sneak peek" for Indie Ale House. Wondering if this means they are opening a second brewpub, or perhaps a production brewery, in South Etobicoke? Has anyone heard anything about this?
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

cratez wrote:An event posted by the South Etobicoke Brewers - a group of consisting of Great Lakes, Indie Ale House, Black Oak, Von Bugle, and Big Rock - mentions a "new location sneak peek" for Indie Ale House. Wondering if this means they are opening a second brewpub, or perhaps a production brewery, in South Etobicoke? Has anyone heard anything about this?
Old Meetup event:
https://www.meetup.com/beer-171/events/256910331/

"This year the event will take place at the future site of our new production facility located at 215 Horner Ave."
lister

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

lister wrote:Old Meetup event:
https://www.meetup.com/beer-171/events/256910331/

"This year the event will take place at the future site of our new production facility located at 215 Horner Ave."
Nice catch. This is pretty big news for the area, especially if they plan to continue using the space for events and are thinking about retail, taps, etc. Fingers crossed that this becomes a Hafis-like production brewery.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

I'm rarely in the Junction but frequently in South Etobicoke. Assuming all the places hours that I go to all gel in the mid morning that'll work out nicely. :wink:
lister

alsiem

Post by alsiem »

Very happy to hear this. One of my favorites and find them to be consistent and they focus on styles that I enjoy. Looking forward to getting there stuff more than 8 or so times a year.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Pretty disappointed by most of these