Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Blood Brothers Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Coronaeus

Blood Brothers Brewing

Post by Coronaeus »

Another brewery in the west end, this one near Dufferin and Dupont (Actually Westmoreland and Geary). Easy street parking on Geary. I believe the bottle shop opened this week-end. They don't have a tasting license as of yet, but the "brother" who was there told me they are working on it. Very friendly, and looking for feedback on their beers.

Among their initial offerings are a chocolate gose and honeydew melon saison as well as a couple different IPAs. I haven't had any yet (finishing off some medication...), but am intrigued. They are selling their stuff in 500ml bottles which I like, and better yet, in that tall, slender Bellwoods style that I like even more. I was also told that they will be on tap at Bar Hop, Volo, Winona and other fine establishments.

I can't wait to try that chocolate gose...

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

This has to be one of the worst brewery names out there, but I will give them a shot if I am in the area. At least it seems like they are doing some interesting styles out of the gate, which is always welcome.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

I don't mind the name and I'm glad they're not named after a local Toronto street, neighbourhood or landmark. I think we've reached our cap for those in this city.

I could only find their Instagram account for tracking when the bottle shop is open. Looking forward to giving them a try.

Their logo is pretty cool too!

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

jp_jkl wrote:I don't mind the name and I'm glad they're not named after a local Toronto street, neighbourhood or landmark. I think we've reached our cap for those in this city.

I could only find their Instagram account for tracking when the bottle shop is open. Looking forward to giving them a try.

Their logo is pretty cool too!

LOL, I think the logo is horrible (it pairs nicely with the horrible name though).

The location appears to be very close to the new Bellwoods location.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

It isn't a name I would have chosen, but then again, I can't think of a local brewery name that i really like. Is there a worse name than Indie Alehouse?

I was told that Instagram is their most used method for social media reporting.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

TheSevenDuffs wrote: LOL, I think the logo is horrible (it pairs nicely with the horrible name though).

The location appears to be very close to the new Bellwoods location.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess. It's not the worst name, and the logo is a lot better than 99% of Ontario's breweries. Looking forward to trying them.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Count me in the terrible name/logo camp.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

MattS

Post by MattS »

Me too. Being a grumpy old man, I also dislike when a brewery starts with something bizarre like a chocolate gose. Show me you can brew a good standard gose/saison first before throwing in a bunch of adjuncts.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

I also like the fact they they are trying some interesting styles right out of the gate.........

What's the deal with that logo?!? Is that supposed to be the crucified hand of Christ? I don't get it.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

BakaGaijin wrote:What's the deal with that logo?!? Is that supposed to be the crucified hand of Christ? I don't get it.
A Blood Brother is when you and your BFF cut your palm and press the blood together. Hence the logo. Geez people.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:What's the deal with that logo?!? Is that supposed to be the crucified hand of Christ? I don't get it.
A Blood Brother is when you and your BFF cut your palm and press the blood together. Hence the logo. Geez people.
Lol. I am now in the terrible name/logo camp.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

BakaGaijin wrote:
MatttthewGeorge wrote:
Lol. I am now in the terrible name/logo camp.
Perhaps their target market is 6 or 7 year old boys?

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

maybe they should have gone with eskimo brothers. not sure what the logo would be, but i'm betting it'd be more interesting!
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

grub wrote:maybe they should have gone with eskimo brothers. not sure what the logo would be, but i'm betting it'd be more interesting!
lol, now there's an idea that I can get behind.

PeenSteen
Bar Fly

Post by PeenSteen »

They still have a much better name than Beyond The Pale