Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

New Limburg Brewing Company

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Great review, I'll check it out.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are running a very small operation and seem to frequently run out of certain beers on tap and/or in bottles. If there is something in particular that you're looking to try it can't hurt to shoot Mischa an email and ask about when certain batches are scheduled to come out - we timed our visit with the debut of the tripel and return of the dubbel. They were also running out of the blond in bottles but Mischa was good enough to set 12 aside for us - sure enough, my friends and I collectively bought them all.

zane9

Post by zane9 »

Provost Drunk wrote:
zane9 wrote:
Provost Drunk wrote:...Can I hazard to guess that you tried the Muskoka Charlotte's Web? Cloying is not a term that I throw around lightly as I'm usually pretty forgiving of sweeter beers, but that one was over the top even for me.
Your comment on cloying made me rethink. Maybe I tossed it out there too quickly. I was referring to Bell City Lenoir, whose sugar-candy/caramel upfront taste was too much for me. Not cloying, to be honest, but I couldn't get past it. I prefer their Eureka Cream Ale.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

They show a lot of promise. I think bigger equipment will help.
saintjohnswort.ca

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

FWIW, I've been decidedly less enamoured with the bottles of New Limburg Tripel that I cracked compared with how much I enjoyed the beer on tap. No off flavours in the bottles, it just seems more bland than I recalled. From what I understand, the recipe for the Tripel is in flux anyways. The bottles of Black Sheep and the Dubbel that I've had at home are just as good (in the case of the Dubbel, perhaps even better) compared to my tap room tasting. I haven't cracked a bottle of Blond yet but my friends have liked the bottles they bought. I didn't bother picking up any bottles of the Petit Blond.

Jbunton

Post by Jbunton »

Was there today. Beer is absolutly delicious. Feels a bit weird drinking in school but a cool vibe. Really liked the petit blonde and the black sheep!