Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Folly Brewpub

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

nickw

Post by nickw »

+1 on the Ulla, too.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

groulxsome wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:Tried the Ulla and really enjoyed it. Hopefully, this gets bottled in the future.
Considering the response, it very well could. Right now it was just planned as a one-off. We have a bunch of beers in the hopper that we've already done pilot batches of that we're now rotating in as one-off brews in kegs. If any of them have a good reception, they'll likely become more frequent beers once we get to the bottle shop.

And thanks for trying it!
Many people agreed that was one of the more enjoyable beers available at Volo yesterday.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

BakaGaijin wrote:
groulxsome wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:Tried the Ulla and really enjoyed it. Hopefully, this gets bottled in the future.
Considering the response, it very well could. Right now it was just planned as a one-off. We have a bunch of beers in the hopper that we've already done pilot batches of that we're now rotating in as one-off brews in kegs. If any of them have a good reception, they'll likely become more frequent beers once we get to the bottle shop.

And thanks for trying it!
Many people agreed that was one of the more enjoyable beers available at Volo yesterday.
It'll be around there for a while. Thomas bought two kegs (of the eight produced - though one went to Gerogaplazoa).

Haha. I cannot describe the moment of panic I felt when I realized our two taps (how did we get two taps? what?!) were the lowest ABV ones (aside from the cask House Ales offerings). Worried with all the imperial things that we'd be a little under-gunned. Next batch of Barasway, by the way, has more brett l character (first pitches from Escarpment Labs always take a little time to get the right brett vibe) and we're working on an imperial version of Barasway (totally not riffing on that Jester King Black Metal... totally not... haha).

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

I noticed on Canadian Beer News that the International Women's Day Colab is, at least in part, being bottled for a near future bottle shop opening. Nice to hear.

Is there any chance that the bottle shop hours might differ from the pub hours? Hoping that the weekday hours might start a little earlier than 4 PM.

christinamcoady

Post by christinamcoady »

For now the bottle shop will have the same opening hours as the pub, 4pm on weekdays and 1pm on weekends. Hopefully as production increasese and we bottle more beer, we will have longer bottle shop hours.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Thanks for the response.

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

Brew and bottle dat ULLA!

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

We have a bottle shop now. Details here.

Current listing here.

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

Seven bottles in the bottle shop this weekend: http://www.follybrewing.com/#bottleshop-section

Ten on tap.

We're also releasing a barrel fermented farmhouse ale next Friday (May 13th). Part of a series. This one is "Invented Tradition #1." We'll have about 200 bottles. Limit of four per person.

Also opening the bottle shop at 11 AM on Saturday May 14th for anyone that wants to drop up after getting their shopping done at Bellwoods.

northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker

Post by northyorksammy »

what is price on the BA farmhouse? was it aged in red wine barrel?
Reliable Beer Critic

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

northyorksammy wrote:what is price on the BA farmhouse? was it aged in red wine barrel?
Price will be $8. Limit of four.

It was both fermented and aged in a red wine barrel (a Southbrook red wine blend, not single varietal). Spent about two months in the barrel for both primary fermentation and aging. More like a foeder fermented beer than a barrel aged beer, honestly.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Any plans to bottle Quesada in the near future?

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

groulxsome wrote:
northyorksammy wrote:what is price on the BA farmhouse? was it aged in red wine barrel?
Price will be $8. Limit of four.

It was both fermented and aged in a red wine barrel (a Southbrook red wine blend, not single varietal). Spent about two months in the barrel for both primary fermentation and aging. More like a foeder fermented beer than a barrel aged beer, honestly.
You guys are #$%king cool.

I'm just saying that, man.
In Beerum Veritas

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

it was awesome to meet Chris and Christina today, great people and amazing beer! The Praxis is my new fav Ontario saison

groulxsome

Post by groulxsome »

matt7215 wrote:it was awesome to meet Chris and Christina today, great people and amazing beer! The Praxis is my new fav Ontario saison
Thanks! We've been brewing that one for a while and are pretty happy with it. Just about to switch over the yeast from a White Labs 565 strain we got a while ago to a fresh pitch of Escarpment Labs "Dupont-like" saison. Excited to get more of our brands over to Escarpment Labs sourced yeasts. Looking forward to seeing any minor changes in the peppery and dry characters.

Also, loving that IPA and the zesty Pacific Jade Pale Ale. While I shared a little, I've drank the lions share of 3L of Barncat beers today.