Left Field Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

CoolB

Re: Left Field Brewery

Postby CoolB » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:07 pm

BakaGaijin wrote:Let's get crowlers up here. Forget about growlers....

I still prefer a growler. Once you've opened a crowler you have no choice but to finish it or transfer it to something that seals.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.
jakis

Postby jakis » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am

midlife crisis wrote:Maybe they feel it would slow the staff down too much. It is a very busy place, at least on weekends. More of a bar than a bottle shop almost - it was full to capacity with a good 15-20 people outside waiting to get in.

I remember on one of the Toronto beer podcasts Mandy from Left Field mentioned that beer isn't always the best quality when it's packaged in a growler. Here's a quote from an article on Ben's beer blog..

Mandie Murphy, cofounder of Left Field Brewery, says that for their company, the cons outweigh the pros. “Because they are so big and the shelf life is so short, there’s a higher likelihood that a customer will have a bad experience with one of our beers if it’s in a growler,” she says.

https://bensbeerblog.com/2015/07/16/let ... -growlers/
CoolB

Postby CoolB » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:47 am

LOL in other words, drink our beer faster and then come back and buy more. Growlers aren't that big and if you're leaving one too long that it spoils the beer then you bought too big. Maybe just single servings are best for some people. On the other hand if I open a crowler and decide I'm too tired to finish it then it'll definitely be spoiled by the next morning let alone the next evening when I feel like having another beer.
You know what I have in my cellar? Dust, I have dust in my cellar.

Return to “Ontario Brewers”