Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

County Road Beer Co.

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Coronaeus

County Road Beer Co.

Post by Coronaeus »

Dropped by this new brewery last week-end (apparently their grand opening is actually this coming week-end).

They share a location with the Hinterland wine company, a Prince Edward winery specializing in sparkling wines. My wine knowledge is limited, but they have an ancient method sparkling wine that tastes almost like cream soda. It is affectionately known as the "Baby Maker!" The ladies in my party couldn't get enough of it.

Considering how new they must be, the brewery made some decent stuff. They had just bottled an American Dry Stout which I liked. Their APA was solid. They had a couple different Blonde ales that were forgettable, though I am guesssing made more for those new to craft beer. Their Saison was so overcarbonated I thought it may have contained those exploding candies kids eat. It made an otherwise tasty saison very hard to enjoy. They seem to be offering 650ml bottles and 1.89 litre growlers of most of their offerings. I was told the carbonation in the growlers of Saison was much different. All tasters are poured from bottles at the moment.

I think I like this place much more than Barley Days already, and it makes a nice stop when winery hopping with those who prefer the grape. They plan to have a large outdoor space attached to the brewery building that will have a smoker and grill, and will offer a variety of foods to eat on site.

http://www.countyrdbeer.com/

biegaman
Bar Fly

Post by biegaman »

Anyone out that way really aught to also check out The County Canteen, on Main Street in Picton. Really good food, best draft selection in a wide radius and the owner makes his own beer in house as well. Sells out fast!

momnhops

Post by momnhops »

biegaman wrote:Anyone out that way really aught to also check out The County Canteen, on Main Street in Picton. Really good food, best draft selection in a wide radius and the owner makes his own beer in house as well. Sells out fast!
Bloody hell can't believe I missed it.