Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Godspeed Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

AugustusRex

Post by AugustusRex »

BakaGaijin wrote:A 'smith' is generally associated with a trade or craftsmen i.e. Blacksmith, Goldsmith, Locksmith, Gunsmith, Bladesmith, etc.

I have also assumed that AleSmith was a play on these words. i.e. someone who crafts beer. Hence the Blacksmith anvil in the logo.
I know. I too assumed Belgian wasn't being serious.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

atomeyes wrote:all this talk and we'll be close to 12 months before something's brewed. i'm guessing we're looking at late winter/early spring 2017
Bim still says he's hoping for a fall opening.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

Belgian wrote:
TheSevenDuffs wrote:
BakaGaijin wrote:A 'smith' is generally associated with a trade or craftsmen i.e. Blacksmith, Goldsmith, Locksmith, Gunsmith, Bladesmith, etc.

I have also assumed that AleSmith was a play on these words. i.e. someone who crafts beer. Hence the Blacksmith anvil in the logo.
I just assumed that Belgian wasn't being serious. But if he was, you've exactly explained it above.
I just assumed that you'd know Belgian wasn't being serious. Or… maybe now I'm just saying that? You may never know!
I assumed that most would have made the assumption that Belgian was or was not being serious.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

Craig wrote:
atomeyes wrote:all this talk and we'll be close to 12 months before something's brewed. i'm guessing we're looking at late winter/early spring 2017
Bim still says he's hoping for a fall opening.
you a betting man?
they haven't broken ground and i think it needs to go to CoA.
at this rate, it's fall 2017.
wish it were faster, but let's be realistic.

Belgian
Bar Towel Legend

Post by Belgian »

Looks like things are progressing, the place is getting set up. Exciting.

They weren't open the other night but a few of them were chatting at the unfinished bar inside so I said a quick hello. Wasn't
Bim but a few of the other folks. Said maybe in a few weeks they be up and rolling. But we will see!
In Beerum Veritas

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

http://www.momandhops.ca/godspeed-brewe ... y-toronto/

The retail store opens tomorrow with 3 different beers, all in 355 cans. The taproom should open sometime in July.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Good news.

Hopefully they will soon have enough time to get a real website. Leaving your marketing in the hands of fleecebook is just foolish. Sure, have a presence, but don't be dependent on somebody elses profit motive. :rant
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Flipfly

Post by Flipfly »

Tapsucker wrote:Good news.

Hopefully they will soon have enough time to get a real website. Leaving your marketing in the hands of fleecebook is just foolish. Sure, have a presence, but don't be dependent on somebody elses profit motive. :rant
I hope they make it.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Pretty long line, which is moving very slowly.

The three beers are a Dortmunnder, a stout and an IPA. Doesn't sound like any of them are particularly adventurous, but I haven't tried them yet.

Provost Drunk

Post by Provost Drunk »

Anyone have any intel on the styles of the three beers being released?

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone have any intel on the styles of the three beers being released?
IPA
Stout
Dortmunder Lager

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

Provost Drunk wrote:Anyone have any intel on the styles of the three beers being released?
Craig wrote:Pretty long line, which is moving very slowly.

The three beers are a Dortmunnder, a stout and an IPA. Doesn't sound like any of them are particularly adventurous, but I haven't tried them yet.
Lol :p

Looks like there's loads of beer.

jp_jkl

Post by jp_jkl »

Craig wrote:
Craig wrote:Pretty long line, which is moving very slowly.

Lol :p

Looks like there's loads of beer.
Ladies and gentlemen, we're lining up for lagers!

munrets

Post by munrets »

I know it's their first day, but they were unable to keep that line moving and I left after a long wait and no movement.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

munrets wrote:I know it's their first day, but they were unable to keep that line moving and I left after a long wait and no movement.
The bigger the crowd, the more people show up.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.