Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Napanee Beer Company

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Napanee Beer Company

Post by Masterplan »

Napanee Beer Company opens this weekend.

Seems a home brewer turned pro.

sprague11
Seasoned Drinker

Post by sprague11 »

I'm camping out there during the long weekend so I'll give it a shot. Would be nice if the website gave a bit more info (I had to scour facebook to see what they're offering) - If the "German black ale" ends up being a good schwarzbier I'll be happy. I mean (in principal) they gotta be better than Barley Days and Church Key, right? ;)
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Stopped in on the weekend. Decent selection:

Deadline Lager - decent craft lager.
Mayday Ale - over malty, kinda flat, meh.
Blacklist Dark Lager - Impressive stuff here, I don't normal like black lagers but this is really good.
Devilish Spiced Black Saison - Roasted malt, coffee, and spice, kinda like a light RIS. Very enjoyable.
Extremist Belgian IPA - Spiced pear front, hopped like an English IPA, and great malt profile. Impressive.

Considering they are just off the 401, worth the stop in if you're passing through.

TheSevenDuffs
Beer Superstar

Post by TheSevenDuffs »

Masterplan wrote:Stopped in on the weekend. Decent selection:

Deadline Lager - decent craft lager.
Mayday Ale - over malty, kinda flat, meh.
Blacklist Dark Lager - Impressive stuff here, I don't normal like black lagers but this is really good.
Devilish Spiced Black Saison - Roasted malt, coffee, and spice, kinda like a light RIS. Very enjoyable.
Extremist Belgian IPA - Spiced pear front, hopped like an English IPA, and great malt profile. Impressive.

Considering they are just off the 401, worth the stop in if you're passing through.
I've tried the full lineup as well.

Completely agree about Blacklist ~ not normally a style I enjoy but it's excellent.

I also pretty much agree with all of your comments. Definitely worth checking out.

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Was there last weekend, spent quite a bit of time shooting the breeze with the brewer/owner. Nice enough guy, although he was awfully quick to tell me he had the most homebrew awards of anyone in Canada (or something like that).

Agree with all the comments above, the beers were pretty solid all around.

Canadianbeerblogger

Post by Canadianbeerblogger »

rejtable wrote:Was there last weekend
Do you remember offhand what they had in the fridge? I'm visiting later in November and am hoping some Devilish, Extremist and Wild Ride may still be around.
Facebook: www.facebook.com/drinkcraftbeercanada/
Instagram: canadianbeerblogger

rejtable
Bar Fly

Post by rejtable »

Between Fridge+growlers I think it was..

Blacklist
Devlish
Deadline
Extremist
Mayday
whatever the black saison is called

Canadianbeerblogger

Post by Canadianbeerblogger »

thanks rejtable
Facebook: www.facebook.com/drinkcraftbeercanada/
Instagram: canadianbeerblogger

Masterplan
Bar Fly

Post by Masterplan »

Complicated, a sour Belgian ale with cherries. Pretty darn good, if you come across it.

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Masterplan wrote:Complicated, a sour Belgian ale with cherries. Pretty darn good, if you come across it.
Napanee + Complicated = Avirl reference... good job
untappd/instacrap/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge