Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Market Brewing Company

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly

Post by MatttthewGeorge »

Anyone been here recently? Thoughts?

I’m in the area this weekend and wondering if it’s worth the stop.
I used to sell beer. Now I don't.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

MatttthewGeorge wrote:Anyone been here recently? Thoughts?

I’m in the area this weekend and wondering if it’s worth the stop.
I have friends in Newmarket and we stop by semi-regularly. I'd say it's worth the stop, beers are maybe average to above-average with the occasional standout. I like the space, it's roomy and dog/kid friendly with board games and live music/events depending on the day. They've got their Metropolitan Porter available right now which is usually my go-to. You can also bring in food/order from nearby restaurants, which is a nice touch.

Alternately, or additionally, if you're in Newmarket I recommend Hungry Brew Hops on Main Street. It's an excellent gastropub with a great list of Ontario beers, including stuff from Halo, Bellwoods, Blood Brothers and so forth that you're unlikely to find elsewhere in the area.