Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Ontario Craft Beer Guide 2

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

saints_gambit wrote:A brewery like Barncat, if there had been another beer in their entry might have made the list. .
We were never told we needed to send 4 beers to be eligible.

saints_gambit
Bar Fly

Post by saints_gambit »

To be fair, no one else was either. Everyone is told that they are allowed to list up to eight beers and given the recommendation that they should probably choose things that are going to be available again in the future so that people aren't looking for a one off that never shows up again.

We don't see the book as a vehicle for the production of a top ten list. Any blogger could come up with a reasonably credible top ten list in about six minutes. It is not our primary concern, as I have explained. Our primary concern is giving consumers a guide to breweries that exist in Ontario. Who's best is less important to us than the comprehensiveness of the coverage. We want tourists and beer drinkers to find something nearby they might be interested in and the book is geared toward that purpose.

No matter what rules are chosen for the top ten list someone is going to object. As it stands, Barncat is going to be listed as one of the best new breweries in the province in upcoming coverage and did spectacularly well with nary a beer scored under 4/5. Well done.
saintjohnswort.ca

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

J343MY wrote:
saints_gambit wrote:A brewery like Barncat, if there had been another beer in their entry might have made the list. .
We were never told we needed to send 4 beers to be eligible.
Lol.