Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Town Brewery

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

mgmoney

Town Brewery

Post by mgmoney »

All styles are on point: the wheat ipa was my favourite as really good mouthfeel and citrus and pine. The saison was great too. Session ipa,pale ale and blonde are solid not spectacular. The stout was ok but I’m not a huge stout guy so ...curious to see other Durham folks thoughts on this and Little Beasts
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

Also around the corner but haven't been yet. Word of mouth hasn't been the greatest other than the space is really nice. I'll go buy some bottles soon. Then I can be officially opinionated.

Urotsukidoji

Post by Urotsukidoji »

Tried all on offer via bottle ... and one can (Lotto Max) , I think there were 6 or 7 over all .... I liked all, these guys are pretty solid, will return.

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

One year anniversary for these guys anot much love on here for these guys...as a Durham regioner I think it’s great to have them and Little Beasts in the scene and am a little saddened but not surprised at Brock St success...their beers are exactly in line with the macro tastes of this area
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

portwood

Post by portwood »

mgmoney wrote:One year anniversary for these guys anot much love on here for these guys...as a Durham regioner I think it’s great to have them and Little Beasts in the scene and am a little saddened but not surprised at Brock St success...their beers are exactly in line with the macro tastes of this area
I visited all three back in May. Based on what they had at the time I'd rank Town #1, Little Beasts a bit behind, and Brock much closer to Macro-bland than micro-bold in terms of flavor.
@markhamwhisky

midlife crisis
Beer Superstar

Post by midlife crisis »

I liked Brock St's take on marzenbier this fall though (Brocktoberfest), even if the name is not very original (i.e. Black Oak Oaktoberfest).

Blasphomet

Post by Blasphomet »

*moved to 'Worst' thread.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

Anyone else think these guys are awesome?

I just placed a $75 order actually an hour ago, they’ve got 4 good ones in stock

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

duckdown wrote:Anyone else think these guys are awesome?

I just placed a $75 order actually an hour ago, they’ve got 4 good ones in stock
So it turns out Town released not 1 but 3 new beers today, the IPA I had been anticipating, as well as a DIPA and a pale ale. Town is by far one of my favourites as of late.

They seem to be selling out as quickly as they release new beers, so consider this a PSA. Free next day shipping to residents of Durham as well.

duckdown

Post by duckdown »

seangm wrote:

So it turns out Town released not 1 but 3 new beers today, the IPA I had been anticipating, as well as a DIPA and a pale ale. Town is by far one of my favourites as of late.

They seem to be selling out as quickly as they release new beers, so consider this a PSA. Free next day shipping to residents of Durham as well.
We just did a group buy in our K/W beer group for around 30 of them, I grabbed all 3 myself!

Could not agree more, I buy ALL the Town

BakaGaijin

Post by BakaGaijin »

seangm wrote:

Ya, but who the fuck wants to live in Durham......

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

BakaGaijin wrote:
seangm wrote:

Nearly 650,000 people evidently, including myself. Let me guess, you live in Toronto? :roll:

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

His location thing says Burlington, in which case lol.

seangm
Bar Fly

Post by seangm »

Craig wrote:His location thing says Burlington, in which case lol.
I missed that lol. In which case indeed...

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

BakaGaijin wrote:
seangm wrote:

Not funny in this context.