General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
Blasphomet
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby Blasphomet » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:04 pm

I'm sure there is a Dominion City thread, but I didn't feel like hunting for it. And apologies if there is already a general brewery discussion thread as well... but if there is it's probably buried.

Posting this so we can just discuss whatever... comparing breweries without going on tangents about other breweries in a specific brewery's thread.


What are some opinions on Dominion City? I haven't had them yet but plan on ordering very soon. I'm hearing great things about Sunsplit, but am wondering what the quality of their other beers, and specifically their pale ales.

Any opinions appreciated. Because I plan on ordering from these guys for the first time come the weekend, or Half Hours on Earth once again.
Masterplan
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby Masterplan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:18 am

Blasphomet wrote:I'm sure there is a Dominion City thread, but I didn't feel like hunting for it. And apologies if there is already a general brewery discussion thread as well... but if there is it's probably buried.

Posting this so we can just discuss whatever... comparing breweries without going on tangents about other breweries in a specific brewery's thread.


What are some opinions on Dominion City? I haven't had them yet but plan on ordering very soon. I'm hearing great things about Sunsplit, but am wondering what the quality of their other beers, and specifically their pale ales.

Any opinions appreciated. Because I plan on ordering from these guys for the first time come the weekend, or Half Hours on Earth once again.

I ordered from them on Monday when they had free shipping.
mahcinesquad
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: Guelph

Re: General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby mahcinesquad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:27 pm

Me too. Saving $20 on shipping was the tipping point for me to try them. I'm guessing the beer will get here tomorrow or early next week.
User avatar
Blasphomet
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

Re: General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby Blasphomet » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Damn, I never knew. I would have ordered as well.
Coronaeus
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Re: General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby Coronaeus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:32 pm

The best of the Ottawa area breweries in my opinion. Definitely a step up from BTP and Tooth and Nail. Sunsplit is excellent.
Masterplan
Posts: 470
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:00 am

Re: General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby Masterplan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:02 pm

mahcinesquad wrote:Me too. Saving $20 on shipping was the tipping point for me to try them. I'm guessing the beer will get here tomorrow or early next week.

Mine is arriving today.
Automatic
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 4:09 pm

Re: General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby Automatic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:00 pm

I ordered last week before the free shipping and regret nothing.

Paper Salesman is on that Jutsu level; really great APA.

Sun-split was great too.

The Hoppy Hefe was good.

The Belgian IPA was more Vermont IPA with minimal Belgian yeast impact and I liked that; super juicy.
User avatar
Blasphomet
Posts: 438
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:07 am

Re: General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby Blasphomet » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Order from Dominion City I placed on Friday came in this morning.

Expecting my Collective Arts to come in tomorrow. Big time looking forward to Smooth Maneuvers.
The Tortoise
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:20 pm

Re: General Ontario Brewery Discussion

Postby The Tortoise » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:02 pm

Coronaeus wrote:The best of the Ottawa area breweries in my opinion. Definitely a step up from BTP and Tooth and Nail. Sunsplit is excellent.


Accurate post is accurate.

Sunsplit and Paper Salesman are fantastic. I also picked up their Single Farm IPA offering. It was ok, but it was also canned in early October so I think it was past its prime.

Their Picnic Blanket is also very good.

Return to “Ontario Brewers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests