Von Bugle Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 807
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Von Bugle Brewing

Postby S. St. Jeb » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:39 pm

According to this...

http://ontariobev.net/steam-whistles-se ... e-brewing/

...Steam Whistle is building a new brewery which will be operated as Von Bugle Brewing.
GtownRandy
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Von Bugle Brewing

Postby GtownRandy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Are they going to make more than one kind of beer?
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1728
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Von Bugle Brewing

Postby Craig » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:44 pm

From the sounds of it no. They launched a separate brewery that is also going to brew a different single beer.
S. St. Jeb
Bar Fly
Posts: 807
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Burlington, ON

Re: Von Bugle Brewing

Postby S. St. Jeb » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:24 pm

Craig wrote:From the sounds of it no. They launched a separate brewery that is also going to brew a different single beer.

That was my impression too.
GtownRandy
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Von Bugle Brewing

Postby GtownRandy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:40 pm

All right, they’re making a Lager with European hops!

This one is darker, and also won’t have any corn syrup or foam enhancers

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2018/04 ... etobicoke/
seangm
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: Von Bugle Brewing

Postby seangm » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:23 am

GtownRandy wrote:All right, they’re making a Lager with European hops!

This one is darker, and also won’t have any corn syrup or foam enhancers

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2018/04 ... etobicoke/


My guess is it'll be something along the lines of a dunkel/tmavý, in which case I'd actually be quite happy to have a quality, locally made dark lager available year-round. There are a couple other decent dark lagers available lately, Napanee Blacklist and Four Fathers Shevchenko come to mind, but I feel it's still a very underrepresented category.
sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:55 am
Location: Guelph

Re: Von Bugle Brewing

Postby sofakingdrunk » Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:00 pm

seangm wrote:
GtownRandy wrote:All right, they’re making a Lager with European hops!

This one is darker, and also won’t have any corn syrup or foam enhancers

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2018/04 ... etobicoke/


My guess is it'll be something along the lines of a dunkel/tmavý, in which case I'd actually be quite happy to have a quality, locally made dark lager available year-round. There are a couple other decent dark lagers available lately, Napanee Blacklist and Four Fathers Shevchenko come to mind, but I feel it's still a very underrepresented category.


I'd like to see more good dark lagers as well. I'm not a fan of the Shevchenko tbh, I do love that Blacklist though, and the Junction black lager is good too. Generally my go-to dark lager though is Side Launch.
seangm
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Re: Von Bugle Brewing

Postby seangm » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:06 am

sofakingdrunk wrote:
seangm wrote:
GtownRandy wrote:All right, they’re making a Lager with European hops!

This one is darker, and also won’t have any corn syrup or foam enhancers

http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2018/04 ... etobicoke/


My guess is it'll be something along the lines of a dunkel/tmavý, in which case I'd actually be quite happy to have a quality, locally made dark lager available year-round. There are a couple other decent dark lagers available lately, Napanee Blacklist and Four Fathers Shevchenko come to mind, but I feel it's still a very underrepresented category.


I'd like to see more good dark lagers as well. I'm not a fan of the Shevchenko tbh, I do love that Blacklist though, and the Junction black lager is good too. Generally my go-to dark lager though is Side Launch.


Ah yea Junction, I almost forgot about that one, it's up there with Blacklist for me. Agreed on Side Launch as well. Shevchenko is a bit on the sweet side I found, but it has grown on me.

Return to “Ontario Brewers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests