Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Red Circle Brewing & Coffee

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Red Circle Brewing & Coffee

Post by Craig »

Since moving to Guelph I've started seeing this brewery on taps here and there. Anyone know them? Beer good? Is the coffee good? I happen to be out of both of those things right now, so I'm thing of giving them a shot.

sofakingdrunk
Bar Fly

Post by sofakingdrunk »

Coffee is pretty good, but pricey.
I’ve had maybe half a dozen beers of theirs. Most have been at least decent, a couple a bit better than that. I wouldn’t go out of your way for them.
Sparrow(out of Cambridge) has equally as good coffee, if not better. And better beer for sure. Closer to Guelph than Red Circle is.
It’s across the road from four fathers, if your into that(I couldn’t care less about them) and only 10 mins from Barncat,North works,Reverance and rhythm&brews.

S. St. Jeb
Seasoned Drinker

Post by S. St. Jeb »

About 3 or so weeks ago, a new beer of theirs was announced on Canadian Beer News. I decided to follow the link to their website, and discovered they were having a one-day special delivery to my area the very next day. Decided to make an order, and all looked good, but the beer didn't arrive. Follow-up was initially a little rough (I had to call twice), but in the end, they made it right by making the delivery and sending me extra beers, so good on them for customer service in correcting a mistake.

The beers I have had have all been good. I will buy again from them sometime.