Rainhard Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: GregClow, Cass

User avatar
Cass
Beer Superstar
Posts: 3299
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2001 7:00 pm
Location: Toronto
Contact:

Rainhard Brewing

Postby Cass » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:58 am

Another one coming, to St Clair and Keele.

Gotta say, nice industrial crawl possible with this, Junction Craft Brew & Indie. The "Keele Krawl"??

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2014/08 ... tockyards/
User avatar
northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:17 am
Location: Eglinton and Yonge
Contact:

Postby northyorksammy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:34 am

After reading this, the 2 first questions I have

what does his bio look like?
Where's the financing coming from?
User avatar
El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:02 pm
Location: Downtown TO / Galapagos Islands
Contact:

Postby El Pinguino » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:01 am

Was just up that way a few days ago and visited Junction for the first time...cool spot. Only sampled their dark beers, will have to return.

Indie is always a treat to visit, although their beers were a litlte more "average" than usual this time, I guess only because it was mostly brews I've had before.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1670
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby Craig » Wed May 20, 2015 9:09 am

Their bottle shop is open this Friday. According to their website, they should have an APA, IPA, IIPA, Saison and RIS available in bombers and growlers. Pretty good lineup for opening day.
cfrancis
Bar Fly
Posts: 855
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 am
Location: Ottawa

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby cfrancis » Wed May 20, 2015 10:03 am

Big homebrewer. Lots of awards. Le Coeur Noir from Beaus is his beer that won the Oktoberfest homebrew competition.
User avatar
DeMarco
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby DeMarco » Wed May 20, 2015 10:24 am

this was on instagram, looking forward to picking up a few bottles!

Image
mahcinesquad
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: Guelph

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby mahcinesquad » Wed May 20, 2015 4:34 pm

Cass wrote:Another one coming, to St Clair and Keele.

Gotta say, nice industrial crawl possible with this, Junction Craft Brew & Indie. The "Keele Krawl"??



Hope it ends better than a keelhaul.
User avatar
Craig
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1670
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:23 am

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby Craig » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:36 am

*BREWERY WEEKEND UPDATE*

FRIDAY: New beer release (Refuge IIPA) - only available at the bottle shop and tap room - $8.95 /650ml - Get there before it sells out!

SATURDAY: BBQ at the brewery. Don't miss out on Crown & Anchor Food as they are grilling ribs! 12pm until sold out

SUNDAY: Queen West Art Crawl @trinity bellwoods Park
For the first time ever, beer will be served (legally, ha!) in bellwoods park. Join us along with Granite Brewery & Bellwoods Brewery as we pour beer in the park


https://www.facebook.com/jrainhard/post ... 1117825607

That coincides with a GTA brews club meeting they're hosting on the Saturday.
User avatar
jp_jkl
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby jp_jkl » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:25 pm

I posted in another thread that I was less than impressed with Rainhard's offerings until I tried Kapow! IPA. I bought some bottles of their newest beer, Refuge IIPA, and have to say I have I am really impressed with it. It's perhaps the best local IIPA I've had.

I'd say it's better than Amsterdam's Fracture, Bellwoods' Boogie Monster and Witchshark and GLB's Robohop, which I believe are the only other local IIPAs I've tried.

So for now, Rainhard's initial offerings didn't wow me, but what they have released lately has been excellent. I won't hesitate to try further releases.
User avatar
northyorksammy
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1164
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:17 am
Location: Eglinton and Yonge
Contact:

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby northyorksammy » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:43 am

jp_jkl wrote:I posted in another thread that I was less than impressed with Rainhard's offerings until I tried Kapow! IPA. I bought some bottles of their newest beer, Refuge IIPA, and have to say I have I am really impressed with it. It's perhaps the best local IIPA I've had.

I'd say it's better than Amsterdam's Fracture, Bellwoods' Boogie Monster and Witchshark and GLB's Robohop, which I believe are the only other local IIPAs I've tried.

So for now, Rainhard's initial offerings didn't wow me, but what they have released lately has been excellent. I won't hesitate to try further releases.


I very much agree. One of best Ontario DIPAs. Also their IS has aged beautifully. Kapow sold out. Saison better than average.
Last edited by northyorksammy on Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reliable Beer Critic
sprague11
Seasoned Drinker
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:37 pm
Location: Newmarket, ON

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby sprague11 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:51 pm

I'd put refugee up there with Bellwood's iipa.
"A good light beer is one that doesn't taste like piss!" - Frank d'Angelo
napoleon
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby napoleon » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:58 pm

sprague11 wrote:I'd put refugee up there with Bellwood's iipa.

Do they have any left?
User avatar
MatttthewGeorge
Bar Fly
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Woolwich, ON
Contact:

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby MatttthewGeorge » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:07 am

napoleon wrote:
sprague11 wrote:I'd put refugee up there with Bellwood's iipa.

Do they have any left?


Was lots when I was there yesterday at 3:30.
untappd/tweetbox/facebitch/snapitychat/etc: @matttthewgeorge
napoleon
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:37 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby napoleon » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:59 pm

Their Kapow IPA is apparently making a return this weekend according to their Facebook page. It's my favorite beer from them.

I do wish they'd keep their webpage a bit more updated. Given their remote location, they need all the press they can get. Easier than trying to poke around Facebook, twitter, instagram or what-have-you to figure out what they have.
User avatar
jp_jkl
Posts: 179
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:13 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Rainhard Brewing

Postby jp_jkl » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:59 pm

napoleon wrote:Their Kapow IPA is apparently making a return this weekend according to their Facebook page. It's my favorite beer from them.

I do wish they'd keep their webpage a bit more updated. Given their remote location, they need all the press they can get. Easier than trying to poke around Facebook, twitter, instagram or what-have-you to figure out what they have.


I follow them on Instagram, which they seem to update a couple times a week. I completely agree that they need the publicity and could benefit from regular social media postings, an email newsletter or a weekly blog post ala Bellwoods. That Berlin wall on Symes Rd off St Clair is a big restriction for accessing the brewery by car. You need to drive in behind the Stockyards mall, past slaughter houses (which often smell really bad) and navigate some of the most pothole-ridden streets in the city. Hey, at least there's free parking at the end.

Kapow gives GLB's Thrust a run for its money. If you like that style of IPA, it's worth seeking out.

Return to “Ontario Brewers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron