Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rainhard Brewing

Discuss anything and everything about craft brewers from Ontario here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

GtownRandy

Post by GtownRandy »

they're also coming to the georgetown festival. hope they save something good to take there. i think they will be my first stop as i've never tried any of their's before

DerekHarrison

Post by DerekHarrison »

We were the first to run out at Georgetown. That fest is a personal favourite of mine - we will be bringing twice as much beer next year.

We've got a number of pretty exciting things coming out soon. As I type this, we've just put Double Kapow! on tap here at the brewery, the first in our new 'Revolution Series' of specialty beers. Then October 15th is the release party for Bourbon Barrel-Aged Hearts Collide Imperial Stout, which is coming in four versions:

1) Hearts Collide 2016 aged 9 months (BASE BEER, NO BARREL)
2) Bourbon Barrel Aged 9 months
3) Bourbon Barrel Aged (w/ Coffee)
4) Bourbon Coffee (on Cask!)

More info:

Also in October will be the second Revolution Series beer, a dry-hopped sour, release day TBA.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

Will these be in bottles? I'm confused if it's tap only

DerekHarrison

Post by DerekHarrison »

DeMarco wrote:Will these be in bottles? I'm confused if it's tap only
Revolution Series beers will be both on tap and in bottle. Bourbon-Barrel Aged Hearts Collide Imperial Stout will be in bottles, but the coffee version and the no-barrel version will not.

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

DerekHarrison wrote:
DeMarco wrote:Will these be in bottles? I'm confused if it's tap only
Revolution Series beers will be both on tap and in bottle. Bourbon-Barrel Aged Hearts Collide Imperial Stout will be in bottles, but the coffee version and the no-barrel version will not.
Awesome thanks!

DerekHarrison

Post by DerekHarrison »

Hey folks,

Got another party happening at the brewery this Saturday afternoon - timed to the release of a new, heavily dry-hopped pale ale. Something with a little more bite than Armed 'N Citra, and bone dry. Tasting real nice out of the brite tank today.

Fool Hearts, who you may all know from C'est What, are playing here from 1:00pm - 4:00pm, and Young Animal will be serving food from noon to 5pm. Will also have a fresh batch of Unfiltered Pilsner in the fridge, and still got Hearts Collide, Double Kapow and Nosbeeratu on tap, as well as our regulars.

More info:

DerekHarrison

Post by DerekHarrison »

Hey folks.

Bourbon Barrel-Aged Hearts Collide Imperial Stout is coming back in bottles this Saturday. Last time it sold out in 4 days. We're launching it at our second annual Xmas party, with live music and an oyster station, and once again a coffee version of BBA Hearts Collide on cask.

DerekHarrison

Post by DerekHarrison »

Hey folks. Thought you might be interested in our next event here at the brewery. Next Thursday, Feb. 23rd, we're doing a beer pairing event with preserves from local producer Three Sisters Kitchen. We'll be featuring our 4 newest beers:

Hearts Collide 2017 - Imperial Stout
Bock - German Dark Lager
Revolution #3 - Dry-Hopped Sour Saison
Barrel Series #2 - Sour Brown Ale Aged in Oak with Raspberries and Cherries

And pairing them with olives, chips and tapanades. Also featuring live music from John Showman and Friends https://www.johnshowman.com/

www.eventbrite.ca/e/beer-olives-tickets-31938973329

See you there!

mgmoney

Post by mgmoney »

Had a bottled Kapow! Previously only ever had it on tap and thought it was great west coast ipa! The bottled version held up and was delicious. Now can I keep getting fresh stock of this? Another story
Everytime I learn something new I forget something old...like that time I learned to make wine and then forgot how to drive...

jeremyg

Post by jeremyg »

surprised no one's talking about the newest DIPA, revolution 8. absolutely INSANE.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

jeremyg wrote:surprised no one's talking about the newest DIPA, revolution 8. absolutely INSANE.
It's awesome, I agree.

Coronaeus

Post by Coronaeus »

Agreed. Best IPA I’ve had in a long while.

El Pinguino
Seasoned Drinker

Post by El Pinguino »

That was a stellar brew....I'm a definite fan of Rainhard and it is a perfect bike trip for me from home...

cratez
Beer Superstar

Post by cratez »

Hop Cone Syndrome has made its return - first time since 2017, I think? - and it is drinking beautifully. Still available online and in the bottle shop. Well worth grabbing IMO.
"Bar people do not live as long as vegan joggers. However, they have more fun." - Bruce Elliott