Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

First time tapping a keg - advice needed

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Gedge
Bar Fly

First time tapping a keg - advice needed

Post by Gedge »

I bought a 1/6 BBL keg at Southern Tier for a party this weekend. Can I tap this keg with one of the taps/pumps from the Beer Store?

DeMarco

Post by DeMarco »

I'll tell you if I can come. :lol:

DaveBar

Post by DaveBar »

Should be a standard Sanikey "D" connection. Get the keg nice and cold then tap it. Warm kegs foam badly and banging it around setting up the tap will make it worse. Beer store should be able to confirm connection as they are selling you the keg!
Enjoy!!

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

DaveBar wrote:Beer store should be able to confirm connection as they are selling you the keg!
Enjoy!!
Southern Tier kegs do not come from the Beer Store.
"There's always money in the banana stand."

DaveBar

Post by DaveBar »

No worries! Still north American so 99% chance it's a D

admviolin

Post by admviolin »

Definitely will work with TBS keg pump. International (European) kegs use a different coupler.
FYI, the only beer store location in the city that rents the pumps is Dupont and Bathurst.