Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brew on premise in Toronto

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

With winter coming I think it's time to brew up a batch of beer. Having moved recently my ex-girlfriend got custody of all the beer making equipment (more of a fight over that than the sofa) and I now don't really have the space to home brew. So I'm looking to find a good facility to brew on premise. The only one I've been told about is Fermentations out on Pape north of the Danforth. Is this the only one in Metro Toronto??? What sort of facility is Fermentations and how much control do you have over the process?

freesia

Post by freesia »

Hi John, I'm going to Fermentations this weekend with a small group, so I'll let you know what it's like. If you'd like to check out their website, it's at:
http://www.fermentations.on.ca

Cheers,
Kim

freesia

Post by freesia »

John,
We've just had one of our group drop out, so I was wondering if you're interested in coming to fermentations this weekend with us. We're brewing an Ipswich Special Bitter apparently. Meeting at Fermentations at 1pm.
Let me know...
hamulus@hotmail.com

Kim

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

Kim,

Thanks for the offer to join you at Fermentations this weekend. Unfortunately it's too short notice for me. I've got a bunch of things scheduled for the weekend so I don't think I can spare the time. I am keen however to hear how the experience was, what you though of the place etc...Please let me know.

Best of luck, I hope the beer turns out to your liking!

Regards,
Jon Walker