Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

So have the SOB's packed it in?

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

So have the SOB's packed it in?

Post by Tapsucker »

Forum now redirects to CABA. I never saw any announcement or explanation. It had got pretty quiet for a while though...
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

I think it all went to GTAbrews on facebook. Quite active.
TaxFreeBeerTastesBetter

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Its always sad to see a community migrate from open public domains to private corporate ones. Rules out participation for those not willing to hand over their personal information to a business.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

It's not like you have to actually put real information into a facebook account.

distr0

Post by distr0 »

Craig wrote:It's not like you have to actually put real information into a facebook account.
If you want to comply with the terms you're agreeing to you certainly do

Craig
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Craig »

It's not like you have to comply with their terms either.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

At the very least you need to sacrifice a valid e-mail address to another spam list. And, besides, some of us like to CHOOSE who we do business with, even if there are no fees to membership, nothing is ultimately free.

EDIT: Except BarTowel. Thank You Cass. :D
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.

ercousin

Post by ercousin »

FYI, GTA Brews does have a website where I post all the meeting dates and most of the happenings.

However all the discussion is on Facebook, yes. Many homebrew clubs (even in the USA) are moving to facebook groups because people would rather use that than a forum for the most part. It's where most people already spend time.

It isn't necessary to join on Facebook to attend the meetings or participate in the club, but you would be missing many of the best aspects of the club if you didn't. You are more than welcome to join us at Toronto Brewing Downtown on Feb 27th and any other club meeting/event.

I always try to encourage people to join on Facebook because it has such a lively discussion going all the time on several topics. I know several people that only use facebook for the group. You can treat it just like any forum, join facebook, join the group. One advantage is that the mobile facebook app is much better than any forum app I've used. You don't have to add any family members or friends as "Friends" if you don't want to. You could even create an account to use just for that if you have an old account you don't want to use, I know of several people that have done this as well.
GTA Brews - Toronto's Homebrew Club - http://www.gtabrews.ca/

Eric's Brewing Blog - Advanced Homebrewing for the Intermediate Brewer - http://www.ericbrews.com/