Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brew on Premise in Mississauga

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

JWalter

Brew on Premise in Mississauga

Post by JWalter »

Hi Gang, I have some experience w/ Brew-On-Premise places, having brewed with the Brew Kettle on Lakeshore Rd by Cawthra, also at another place (can't remember the name) - in Meadowvale, and also w/ Simon Cowe at his Lakeside Brewery when it was operating... I'm thinking of possibly getting into again, anyone have any recommendations for a place that would be into making good beer, would support using full-grains, experimenting w/ recipes, dry-hopping, etc.... not just brewing Coors Light clones... ?

dhurtubise

Post by dhurtubise »

There is one in Hamilton called Brew Time (the one on Upper James). They are the only place in the world that I know is making a bunch of all grain brews for costumers every day. The owner's son (Victor) got bit by the brew bug about a year ago and is micro-brewing all of these grain beers now with another fellow by the name of DJ. You are very unlikely to find another place like this anywhere else since most of the brew-your-own clientel are looking for easy drinking swill and BYO establishements basically brew extract beers (with specialty grains).

The phone number is 905 - 385-2739.

Daniel

burgermeister

Post by burgermeister »

JWalter wrote:Hi Gang, I have some experience w/ Brew-On-Premise places, having brewed with the Brew Kettle on Lakeshore Rd by Cawthra, also at another place (can't remember the name) - ...... ?
There's a BOP for both Wine and Beer in Streetsville on the main drag. I don't know if they do all grain mashes or not. If I get time to stop in over the next few days I'll check it out and let you know.