Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Looking for Beer Bottles!!!

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

WeissGuy

Looking for Beer Bottles!!!

Post by WeissGuy »

Hey guys,

I'm new to the whole home brewing scene and am about to bottle my first batch. I was just wondering if I should just go and buy bottles from a supply store or would it be possible to pick some up from the beer store?

clasher

Post by clasher »

Find a restaurant that sells a lot of beer that comes in 500mL bottles... pick through their recycle and you'll have more than enough bottles in a week or two.

cirrosis

Post by cirrosis »

if you have a particular bottle in mind, you could go to a beer store and offer to buy their empty stock. the other option is to take a week off of work and go on a binge of the beer that comes in the bottle you like!
if you need me i'll be in the fifth circle of hell