Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

EZ-CAP bottles (Grolsh style tops)

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jkubik

EZ-CAP bottles (Grolsh style tops)

Post by jkubik »

I am interested in some of the 2 Liter EZ-CAP bottles. I'm finding that they are hard to find, and shipping is expensive.
One case of 12 is $USD 30 + $USD 30 shipping from midwest homebrewing.

If anyone has a line on how to buy them, please let me know.

If anyone is interested in going in on an order of them, please let me know that as well. I am hoping to find some way to get a larger order much cheaper.
Cheers.

wxbrewer

Post by wxbrewer »

I've got about 17 of the 16oz EZ cap bottles that I'll sell you for 15 bucks. A couple of them still have homebrew in them :D

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

find some Wild Rose beers, they use the 1-1.5L swingtops.

jkubik

Post by jkubik »

wxbrewer wrote:I've got about 17 of the 16oz EZ cap bottles that I'll sell you for 15 bucks. A couple of them still have homebrew in them :D
Thanks!
The brew in them is good. Hoppy at first, then mild and sweet, then a good aftertaste.
I'm not sure I'd make it quite so sweet, but I'm not entirely sure what you were aiming for.

Thanks again,
-Jkubik-

wxbrewer

Post by wxbrewer »

jkubik wrote:
wxbrewer wrote:I've got about 17 of the 16oz EZ cap bottles that I'll sell you for 15 bucks. A couple of them still have homebrew in them :D
Thanks!
The brew in them is good. Hoppy at first, then mild and sweet, then a good aftertaste.
I'm not sure I'd make it quite so sweet, but I'm not entirely sure what you were aiming for.

Thanks again,
-Jkubik-
Hey thanks! Yeah I agree they're sweet. I actually made it from a kit which said as much. I'm more of a big IPA man myself.

Enjoy the bottles and good luck on the next brew!

jkubik

Post by jkubik »

Without really knowing what I'm talking about, I think I'd have brought the hops back to 60 min, 30min, and 15 min.
The first whif of hops is overbearing ?
Does that make sense, or am I moving them the wrong direction?