Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Are the "extreme" beers any good at Fermentations?

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

sstackho
Bar Fly

Are the "extreme" beers any good at Fermentations?

Post by sstackho »

So I find myself living in Riverdale these days, and wandered by the brew-on-premesis joint, Fermentations. Did some searches on here, but only uncovered a trickle of information.

With the lack of interesting beer available at the nearby LCBO, I wonder about the "extreme" beers on offer at Fermentations.

Their website at http://www.fermentations.ca/beer.html offers:

* Beltane Pale Ale — A crazy god of Celtic mythology (hey, look him up!). Beautiful copper tone, with an exactly over the edge amount of bitterness and hop flavours. This is a Pale Ale to die for!
* Pompeii — Immerse yourself in the fattest Stout, with layers of chocolate and hints of licorice.
* EEC Pisner — Imagine the best of all European Pilsners, then add more hops! For xtreme hop-heads only!
* Thor's Hammer — An extra strong Bitter. Glorious rust colour, delicious hop aromas, and enough bitterness to make you want to shave your tongue.
* Hadrian's Wall — A strong Scotch Ale in the most xtreme sense: creamy, malty, and strong enough to withstand anything your thirst may throw at it.

Has anyone ever tried any of these?

Fuggles

Post by Fuggles »

Slightly off topic but Beltane is a Celtic holiday not a celtic god!
Ummmm beer is good?

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

Did I see PET bottles in that photo? :-?

Dunno, give 'em a whirl and post back...got to experiment right?.

Personally I can't see any beer being "extreme" unless it's over 70IBU, 19 Plato and 7% abv
Aventinus rules!

Jon Walker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Jon Walker »

They described all of them like they were extreme, legendary beers in their class. I doubt they'd be as radical as the marketing would have you believe...but yeah, try making a batch and let us know.
I don't always piss in a bottle but when I do...I prefer to call it Dos Equis.