Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

'Grow-Hops' is the best Internet resource about growing hops

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

billvelek

'Grow-Hops' is the best Internet resource about growing hops

Post by billvelek »

Our free Grow-Hops group SPECIALIZES in the topic of growing ingredients to brew beer -- primarily hops but some minor coverage of barley and brewing-herbs, too. Now with 1,144 members, including some professional growers/farmers, we're undoubtedly the largest and best resource about growing hops on the Internet today; if you have an interest, please join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Grow-Hops

It's not too late to be put on our list for free hop rhizomes (based on availability, and limited to the U.S.), and we have an extensive list of commercial sources, too, in case we run out or if you live outside the U.S. (I have NO financial interest in any of them). We're just a bunch of friendly homebrewers who also like to garden and are trying to ensure a supply of the hops we want during the ongoing hop crisis. I know that I've made similar announcements, but since our membership is expanding even faster now than a few months ago -- over one hundred in just the past week -- this is evidence that there is still a lot of interest and a need to keep this information readily available within all homebrewing communities -- especially since time for preparations is quickly running out. And because we specialize in _gardening_ topics, all other brewing discussion is OFF-topic in our group; we're therefore not a replacement for _any_ brewing forums, so you should continue to support this group.

Thanks.

Bill Velek