Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Southern Ontario Brewers

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

thatleetboy

Southern Ontario Brewers

Post by thatleetboy »

I have started a facebook group to act as our homepage
The group is called - Are You an SOB?
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15448345999

We're going to have our first group brewday on May 3rd.
A good opportunity to learn more about homebrewing...
Cheers

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

"The SOB mandate is to be inclusive, not elitist. We hope to have a little fun, and perhaps break some of the rules along the way. "

Why is it a private group and I need to wait approval to be part? Sound a little "elitist" to me. :-?

thatleetboy

Post by thatleetboy »

Jason

Thanks for signing up to be an SOB. It takes a lot of effort to try and mobilize homebrewers in the GTA, and a lot of energy to pull off great events. I'm hoping that we can count on you to help out. Perhaps you will reconsider posting such a negative remark in such a public forum?

Thanks again, and hope to meet you in person at the Big Brew on May 3rd.

Cheers

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Nah, I usually dont reconsider my remarks.

It wasn't meant as a negative, just pointing an obscure comment about your own facebook page.

Happy brewing

thatleetboy

Post by thatleetboy »

wow, you quit the group already!

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Yeah, lost interest