Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Rice Hulls

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jcc

Rice Hulls

Post by jcc »

Wondering if anyone knows where to get rice hulls in the Toronto area. Is there a local supplier or are we stuck with mail order? Thanks.

clasher

Post by clasher »

Try calling Gilbertson and Page in Fergus... they might have 'em, but it's be in 25kg sacs. Could find some people to split it with you though.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

the ones i have came from buffalo. how much do you need? i might be able to help you out.

BrewerDave

Post by BrewerDave »

Where in Buffalo grub? Niagara Traditions? I'm looking for hulls as well. Thanks.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

BrewerDave wrote:Where in Buffalo grub? Niagara Traditions? I'm looking for hulls as well. Thanks.
yep, that's exactly where i got them. bought in the fall, but i'm pretty sure i saw some when i was there two weekends ago. might want to call/email before you head down to verify.

if you're only looking for a half pound or so, let me know. i talked jcc out of it since he is doing a small batch and under 50% wheat, so i still have some around.