Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What HOMEBREW are you drinking right now?

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

matt7215 wrote:homebrewed unblended lambic
now having a homebrewed kriek

acromion23

Post by acromion23 »

licorice stout.
かんぱい。

jcc

Post by jcc »

home smoked porter...

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

matt7215 wrote:
pootz wrote:I'm just finishing some cider made last month as well.....used champagne yeast, lemon zest, brown sugar ...nice tart-dry fizzy cider....great chilled on the porch in this hot weather.
what cider did you use?
Local fresh pressed from Mennonite country. Seven varieties of apples.
Aventinus rules!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

pootz wrote:
matt7215 wrote:
pootz wrote:I'm just finishing some cider made last month as well.....used champagne yeast, lemon zest, brown sugar ...nice tart-dry fizzy cider....great chilled on the porch in this hot weather.
what cider did you use?
sounds awesome, what was the cost??

pootz
Beer Superstar

Post by pootz »

matt7215 wrote:
pootz wrote:
matt7215 wrote: what cider did you use?
sounds awesome, what was the cost??
$4.95 a gallon.

8)
Aventinus rules!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

currently having the homebrewed saison im entering in the TBW homebrew contest

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Imperial Chocolate Ale I brewed last November. This is the first bottle that has tasted good... damn good actually. Previous bottles have always had to much chocolate-y bitterness, but it is finally calming down. I used 2oz of cocoa power at the end of the boil, plus 2oz of cacao nibs and 3 vanilla beans soaked in vodka and added to secondary.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Sipping my first, real, homebrew. Based on a Chimay red clone, with a little peat-smoked malt. Sort of a Belgian Scotch ale, and at 6 years it's tasting good!

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Drinking my dopplesticke adambier... I thought it was a bit of a train wreck fresh, but after almost a year it's quite interesting. I still don't think I like the excess of Spalter hops though.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Derek wrote:Drinking my dopplesticke adambier... I thought it was a bit of a train wreck fresh, but after almost a year it's quite interesting. I still don't think I like the excess of Spalter hops though.
Can't say I'm crazy about Spalter either.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Just tried a bottle of my DFH 60min. IPA clone after a week in bottle (couldn't resist). It was my first and only AG batch to date, and it was absolutely phenomenal even after only a week. Needs some more carb, but is delicious. I think it's even better than the original, I'm done with extract brewing that's for sure.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

elproducto wrote:Just tried a bottle of my DFH 60min. IPA clone after a week in bottle (couldn't resist). It was my first and only AG batch to date, and it was absolutely phenomenal even after only a week. Needs some more carb, but is delicious. I think it's even better than the original, I'm done with extract brewing that's for sure.
Congrats! Great to hear. I am fairly active on a lot of homebrew forums, at times I tire of some of the newbie questions (that's just me being old and cynical), but I never get tired of hearing people having success!

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

I have been testing my latest session saison (1.040 OG, 4.5% abv), not quite fully carbed/conditioned yet, but tasting nice. Used 2-row, with a touch of amber and C60. 30 IBU, the flameout and dry hop additions were a 50/50 mix of crystal and willamette.

Also enjoying the hell out of my latest batch of "pils." 1.050 OG, 100% 2-row, US-05, and 30 IBU, with 1oz of mt hood at 15 and again at flameout. Dry, grainy, hoppy and bitter. Delicious and highly quaffable!

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

My first all grain uber hoppy IPA. I think I stumbled on a Smashbomb clone.

Beginner's luck! Tasty, tasty 5 gallons of beginner's luck. 8)
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.