Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Kegs

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Kish84
Bar Fly

Kegs

Post by Kish84 »

Hey guys, we've bought some kegs, but have never seen anything quite like them before. There are 2 types of the same keg and we only have one clamp to seal the one type. Can one be used as a cask?? And where could we find another clamp? Any advice would help. They are Firestone kegs, and from the branding on the kegs it says it was from Genessee, the adapter top is Hoff Steven's, I have attached pictures. Thanks a bunch.

http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx66 ... pus84/Keg/

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

I'll look Sunday to see if the clamps on our Firestones are any good. We intend to cut them up to use as lids and heat shields anyways. Cover the shipping from Cambridge, and they're yours. I'll post pics during a lull in brewing.

Kish84
Bar Fly

Post by Kish84 »

Very interesting, keep me posted. Or if bringing the kegs over are easier for you, I have no issue with that as I'm in Kitchener. If that works better, we can set up a time to meet that works for both of us.

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

Sorry, just rotten wooden bungs, no clamps.