Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Glassware

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

elproducto

Glassware

Post by elproducto »

Where does everyone get their glassware? I'm stuck with whatever I can get from an LCBO gift pack. Wondering if there are any places in Canada with decent beer drinking wares.

I'd love to get a couple Sam Adams Perfect Pints ;)

SteelbackGuy
Beer Superstar

Post by SteelbackGuy »

Check your local thrift store. I have a lot of cool glassware and that is where I get a lot.
If you`re reading this, there`s a 15% chance you`ve got a significant drinking problem. Get it fixed, get recovered!

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

any dollar store should have a decent tulip, snifter, and pint glass.

what style of glass are you looking for?

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

For branded glassware I get mine from eBay, Premier Gourmet, Beers of the World and direct from the breweries themselves.

From plain glassware I get them from anywhere when I notice a set that I like. Kitchen Stuff Plus has been one place I've bought from.
lister

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

Dollarama.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/ ... C02007.jpg

I picked each of those up at the dollar store. I don't get upset at all when my wife or kids break one, unlike breaking a chimay chalice....

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

recently i put together a few beer giftpacks for my groomsmen and was on the search for beer glasses.

you can always get a good set pilsener glasses at crappy tire or super store. crappy also has dimpled mugs and regular mugs as well.

best selection i found was at home outfitters, they had a lot of nice glasses. also, i didn't find anything good in the actual store but bedbath&beyonds website shows a big selection.

most glasses i purchased were around $3.50 so you might be better off at the $ store.

not sure where to find branded glasses though.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

bufordsbest wrote:not sure where to find branded glasses though.
Prizes from homebrew comps are where most of my branded glassware came from.

I would never pay much for a glass of any kind. I don't think I have ever paid more than $4, probably closer to $3 at the most.
Last edited by markaberrant on Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

elproducto wrote:I'd love to get a couple Sam Adams Perfect Pints ;)
They are nothing special. I use them occassionally for session lagers. Don't pay much for them, they gave them away free to US residents when first launched. Their website has them priced at $30/4. I got mine for $1-2 a piece at a liquor store in Bismarck, ND a few years ago.

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

markaberrant wrote:
Wow, I love this and wish I could say the same. That's like saying "I got these T-Shirts from all the chicks I've banged" :)

But seriously, I assume this thread was started in the homebrewing section becuse the purpose of the glassware is to serve one's homebrew in it's best suited glassware.

I find that the Duvel glass (thrift stores, LCBO gift pack) goes very well for serving one's homebrew because the small chiseled "D" in the bottom really helps to maintain what little or lot of foam your brews have.

For the same purpose, I purchased Dieu du Ciel's english pint glasses. They are etched with Spirograph-like concentration of circles at the bottom of the glass that builds a tornado of bubbles and keeps any beer topped with a generous head of foam. Even my flattest beers still manage a decent foam in those glasses. Plus, being imperial pints, size is rarely an issue.

Anyways, HTH. The Duvel glass is a good compromise, but if you can manage to find those DDC glasses (hard to find, and 10$ each) they are the shizzit.

JesseMcG

Post by JesseMcG »

iguenard wrote:
markaberrant wrote:
Wow, I love this and wish I could say the same. That's like saying "I got these T-Shirts from all the chicks I've banged" :)
Haha. That's exactly what I thought when I read it.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

Well if it is boasting you want, how bout this?

I win so many glasses, I have to give some of them away.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

My favorite style is Pale Ales, so I'm really looking for great "pint" type glasses.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

elproducto wrote:My favorite style is Pale Ales, so I'm really looking for great "pint" type glasses.
The Pint glasses from Sam Smith's gift packs are probably ideal, I've got a couple that I use all the time. Browse the local second hand stores, especially Value Village
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

elproducto wrote:My favorite style is Pale Ales, so I'm really looking for great "pint" type glasses.
the dollar store has both pint and noctic 16oz glasses, ill post a pic later today

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

matt7215 wrote:
the dollar store has both pint and noctic 16oz glasses, ill post a pic later today
Dollarama? Thanks.