Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Kegerator Options

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

cfrancis
Bar Fly

Kegerator Options

Post by cfrancis »

I eventually want to get into homebrewing but right now don't have the room or the time with two kids under the age of 2.

But I want to start moving towards it. Kegerator seems the best place to start as I can put kegs of craft brew on it instead of home brew.

Did most of you guys build your own? buy one?

Where did you get your kits or buy the whole thing?

How hard is it to build your own. It doesn't look hard but I just don't want it to look stupid if I do it myself.

I'm also thinking about the possibility of using a converted chest freezer and installing a temp control. What are the feelings on that over a bar fridge or upright fridge?

Thanks in advance.

Also are there any homebrewers in Ottawa or area? I'd really like to meet some guys and maybe tag along for a brewday and see how it's done.

JimC

Post by JimC »

Ottawa homebrewer group mailing list.

https://secure.neap.net/mailman/listinfo/brewers

I am not sure when my next brew day is, but you'd be welcome to watch. I typically brew on weekdays during business hours however.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

I have a keezer - chest freezer converted into a kegerator. Works awesome, holds 7 5-gallon kegs, plus a 20lb CO2 tank.

KwaiLo

Post by KwaiLo »

If I had the space, I would have a keezer. There is the possibility of much more room. They are easy to build, lots of how to's on youtube.

I bought mine in bits and pieces as I came across them, but have built a few for friends. Ordered from Beer, Beer and More Beer. Prices aren't great, but it came when the said it would.

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

KwaiLo wrote:If I had the space, I would have a keezer.
My basement has 2 freezers and a fridge dedicated to brewing!