Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

What are you brewing for the holidays?

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

What are you brewing for the holidays?

Post by Tapsucker »

I just started bottling my Cranberry Stout. Not a bad result for an experiment.

The aroma is all deep chocolate, the flavour tart cranberry and the after taste is a mellow oatmeal stout. I'd say I guessed pretty well with the recipe, but next time I would use a little less cranberries. It took a solid month of conditioning to balance enough.

Anybody got some cool holiday recipe in the fermenter?
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Might try another Mini brew (12L) in the apartment after what seems to be a successful entry for SonofaBoneshaker. If it gets nice though I'll definitely take it outside, wouldn't mind trying to make a nice spring bock if the weather and temps cooperate.

I recently bottled a Christmas Pumpkin ale (details in the What are you brewing now thread) that I can see repeating with a few tweaks for next year.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

icemachine wrote:Might try another Mini brew (12L) in the apartment after what seems to be a successful entry for SonofaBoneshaker.
I'm going to try doing one this week for Boneshaker, a Belgian IPA. It gives me just enough time to ferment, dryhop and bottle before the close of the competition.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

A pale ale and an ordinary bitter. Noble hops in the pale ale and UK target and US Challenger in the bitter.

bufordsbest

Post by bufordsbest »

made a chocolate vanilla porter last week, we'll see how it turns out.

cannondale
Bar Fly

Post by cannondale »

I have a dubbel that I brewed for christmas several months ago. Looking forward to that once it's carbed up.

I will brew during the holidays. Maybe a rye IPA, but haven't decided yet.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

Got my new Barley Crusher, so I'm going to put that through it's paces. Working on my House Pale Ale, so I'll probably fire up 5 gallons of that.