Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

The Ultimate Warrior India Brown Ale - Homebrewed by Me.

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

markaberrant
Seasoned Drinker

Post by markaberrant »

cannondale wrote:
markaberrant wrote:I measure out my mash water first. While it is heating, I measure and crush my grain, and measure my mash salts. By then, the water is up to strike temp, so in it goes. I'm usually mashed in within 30 minutes.

Then I heat my sparge water, measure out my hops, and clean out a bucket/carboy during a standard 60 minute mash.

Runoff, sparge and bringing wort to a boil takes another 30 minutes.

Do a standard 90 minute boil.

Chilling, transfering to bucket, carrying into the house and into the basement, taking a gravity reading, oxygenating and pitching yeast takes 30 minutes.

Then another 30 minutes to clean everything up nice and put it all away.

That's 4 hours, plus a few minutes here and there.
Isn't that 4.5+ hours? Nevertheless, very efficient! Boy, if I'm done in anything close to 5 hours I'm tickled pink.
I guess you are right, my math aint so good somedays. But yeah, it usually works out to 4.25 hours.

IPA_Lover

Post by IPA_Lover »

Dear Guybrush,

It has come to our attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my client's copyrighted name (the "name") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. We reserve all rights in the Work, and have registered copyright therein. Your work entitled "Ultimate Warrior India Brown Ale" infringes on this legal copyright.

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for "Ultimate Warrior India Brown Ale" nor to make or distribute products, including physical copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed our client's rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

Please cease and desist any further production of this product.

Regards,

Dewey, Cheatem & How, LLP Inc.
^^^Hop-head ^^^

iguenard
Seasoned Drinker

Post by iguenard »

IPA_Lover wrote:Dear Guybrush,

It has come to our attention that you have made an unauthorized use of my client's copyrighted name (the "name") in the preparation of a work derived therefrom. We reserve all rights in the Work, and have registered copyright therein. Your work entitled "Ultimate Warrior India Brown Ale" infringes on this legal copyright.

As you neither asked for nor received permission to use the Work as the basis for "Ultimate Warrior India Brown Ale" nor to make or distribute products, including physical copies, of same, I believe you have willfully infringed our client's rights under 17 U.S.C. Section 101 et seq. and could be liable for statutory damages as high as $150,000 as set forth in Section 504(c)(2) therein.

Please cease and desist any further production of this product.

Regards,

Dewey, Cheatem & How, LLP Inc.
Awesome. I felt anxious reading this its so well worded :)

Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

Your mom is liable for statutory damages.