Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Homebrew supplies Toronto

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

thelynchfella

Homebrew supplies Toronto

Post by thelynchfella »

really really want to get back into homebrewing. I'm in Canada 8 months now and havent brewed a thing since i left Ireland. With the Summer quickly approaching i really need to get my hands on some supplies. Is there anywhere in Toronto I can go to, to pick up brewing equipment. Things like Brewing buckets, Demijohns, hydrometers, syphons etc etc??? Would rather go to a bricks and mortar store as opposed to going online.....Thanks!!!

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Canadian Homebrew Supplies had its grand opening today. They are out in Brampton, but I think Randy is the only full range Homebrew supply store in the area.

http://www.homebrew-supplies.ca/
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

Dropped into CHS yesterday. Big thumbs up. Randy has done a great drop of turning the on-lines tore into a physical sore front.

The_Jester
Bar Fly

Post by The_Jester »

jaymack wrote:Dropped into CHS yesterday. Big thumbs up. Randy has done a great drop of turning the on-lines tore into a physical sore front.
I've got a sore back. Never really had a sore front.
"The time for delay is over, we need to address the threat of climate change activism immediately if we hope to protect the future prosperity of our children’s employers." Scott Vrooman

thelynchfella

Post by thelynchfella »

Cheers for the info!!!

jaymack

Post by jaymack »

The_Jester wrote:
jaymack wrote:Dropped into CHS yesterday. Big thumbs up. Randy has done a great drop of turning the on-lines tore into a physical sore front.
I've got a sore back. Never really had a sore front.
oops. Store front folks. My type-o.

lister
Beer Superstar

Post by lister »

The_Jester wrote:I've got a sore back. Never really had a sore front.
Ever get hit by a baseball in the chest? That'll do it.
lister

duncan

Post by duncan »

Is the CHS brick & mortar open?

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

duncan wrote:Is the CHS brick & mortar open?
Yep, I'll be in Brampton on the 5th, be great to have a full service LHBS store in the GTA
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

duncan

Post by duncan »

icemachine wrote:
duncan wrote:Is the CHS brick & mortar open?
Yep, I'll be in Brampton on the 5th, be great to have a full service LHBS store in the GTA
Awesome!

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

I'll be dropping by in June when I drive back from London. No wife, a big empty trunk...looking forward to it.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Swampale wrote:I'll be dropping by in June when I drive back from London. No wife, a big empty trunk...looking forward to it.
Is it wrong that my brain went to the sinister there? :)

Rob Creighton
Bar Fly

Post by Rob Creighton »

JerCraigs wrote:Is it wrong that my brain went to the sinister there? :)
You must be male

zachariaIPA

Post by zachariaIPA »

Fellow Homebrewers,

I just wanted to send out a quick note that I've decided to open up a Toronto-based online homebrew supplies store so brewers in the city can have a local pickup option. It's online now and you can check it out at http://www.torontobrewing.ca

To start, I've got the go-to hops, dry yeast and malts from G&P. I'm going to be adding new items regularly like more hops, liquid yeast and specialty malts. I'm not going to be carrying any keg supplies- Patrick at ontariobeerkegs.com is the man for that.

I have to say that the community aspect of homebrewing is absolutely one of the best parts about the hobby. That being said, I’m hoping to differentiate this store from the others by incorporating a more communal-feel and making more of an effort to acknowledge/facilitate the bulk-buys that we do.

I would really appreciate your feedback so check out the site and let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Zack

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

Awesome! Good luck.

I'll be buying some malt from you soon, your markup is reasonable given I won't have to drive to Fergus.
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.