Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Homebrew supplies Toronto

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

fishnerd

Post by fishnerd »

IIRC, Gilbertson and Page was shipping malt to Amsterdam for pickup by GTA homebrewers -- no cost. Call in your order, pay by CC and get the malt at the brewery.

ctalbot

Post by ctalbot »

Tapsucker wrote:Awesome! Good luck.

I'll be buying some malt from you soon, your markup is reasonable given I won't have to drive to Fergus.
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you driving to Fergus to get malts? There are places in Toronto to get 25kg of base malts and smaller quantities of specialty malts.

Chris

RayOhm

Post by RayOhm »

ctalbot wrote:

I'll be buying some malt from you soon, your markup is reasonable given I won't have to drive to Fergus.
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you driving to Fergus to get malts? There are places in Toronto to get 25kg of base malts and smaller quantities of specialty malts.

Chris
+1.. Where are you getting malts from in Fergus? That's my hometown and I'm just learning now they sell beer ingredients...?
I don’t care what the U.N. says, I don’t recognize countries that don’t produce beer.

elproducto

Post by elproducto »

ctalbot wrote:

Chris
Price? 25kg bag of 2-row at G&P was $27 I think last time I bought from them.

Tapsucker
Seasoned Drinker

Post by Tapsucker »

For two row, Grain Processes in Scarborough have been fine, but I have yet to find Pilsner or Maris Otter anywhere except G&P in Fergus.

They charge around $47 for those, so if I can get the same for a little more in my own neighbourhood, I'm glad to support a local reseller (and SOB).
Brands are for cattle.
Fans are cash cows.
The herd will consume until consumed.

Peter Collins

Post by Peter Collins »

elproducto wrote: Price? 25kg bag of 2-row at G&P was $27 I think last time I bought from them.
I've heard that G&P has–-or had--prices like this. I'm wondering if maybe they saw a bit more of a market for the homebrewer buying a few bags at a time and changed their prices. When I contacted them they sent me a list for "homebrewers" and their 2-row was $40, I believe.

Maybe those lower prices I'm hearing about are from bulk buys? I was thinking that $40 was pretty reasonable for 25kg but if there's a possibility of getting grain for less than that, I'm in!!