Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Prospective Hamilton/Burlington area homebrewers-Sun, Sept18

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Prospective Hamilton/Burlington area homebrewers-Sun, Sept18

Post by phirleh »

This is posted in the Events page, but just to get a bit more awareness, if there is anyone in the area interested in learning about homebrewing, about 8 of us will be doing a brewing demonstration using a variety of methods. Come by and have a look,

Homebrewing Demonstration Day At Brew Time (Sept 18th) - Hamilton, ON

August 19, 2011: Brew Time, in cooperation with a group of Hamilton brewers (known to themselves as HOZERs), invite you to spend a day learning about homebrewing on September 18th, 2011 at 1638 Upper James St. (just South of Rymal Rd.). This group of homebrewers will be demonstrating a range of homebrewing techniques and equipment from single-vessel systems through larger 3-vessel breweries. The group consists of novice homebrewers through ex-professional brewers.

"Homebrewers are proud of our craft, and usually take any opportunity we can get to show it off." explained Jason Stranak, one of the event organizers. "We hope to attract members of the public with an interest in craft beer, homebrewing or anyone who enjoys tasting hand-crafted full-flavoured beer."

Victor VanBeek of Brew Time has been generous in hosting this event, and will be participating in the homebrewing session. The Brew Time store will be open, selling the ingredients and equipment needed to start brewing and providing tours and explanations of their brewing equipment and process.

Date: Sunday, 18.September 2011
Time: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Location: Brew Time, 1638 Upper James St., Hamilton (just South of Rymal Rd.)

For further information, media may contact:
Jason Stranak, HOZERs, 905-393-7900
jason.stranak@gmail.com.

The HOZERs are a group of amateur brewers in the Hamilton area, and their name is an acronym standing for Hamilton Ontario Zymurgy Enthusiast Ring. Zymurgy refers to the biochemical processes involved in fermentation.
Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Streets

Post by Streets »

I'm planning to check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?e ... 9962610057

Image[/url]

phirleh
Seasoned Drinker

Post by phirleh »

You're speechless!
:wink:

The facebook Urls mess up on here sometimes
Streets wrote: I'm planning to check it out!

https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?e ... 9962610057

Malam cerevisiam facieus in cathedram stercoris

"God don't want me yet, man, I got more feet to taste."
photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phirleh/se ... 039468171/

Hamilton Brian

Post by Hamilton Brian »

Would have loved to attend but we're actually brewing in the Mancave on Sunday. I like Brewtime though; we get most, if not all, of our ingredients from them.

Have fun folks!

Steak Andersson

Post by Steak Andersson »

I wish I'd seen this. Takeaway lesson: Keep an eye on the events board...