Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

15.5 Gallon Kegs

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

dale cannon

15.5 Gallon Kegs

Post by dale cannon »

Anyone seen these being sold lately?

My 13 gallon Euro keg kettle is ready to be demoted to hot liquor tank.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

ask around at local breweries. they sometimes have some that don't seal anymore, or that have dents and such. still great for brewing, and you can probably get a deal on it.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/

Swampale

Post by Swampale »

Check kijiji. You may get lucky and see one before anyone else does. They seem to go quick.

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

Swampale wrote:Check kijiji. You may get lucky and see one before anyone else does. They seem to go quick.
Those also depends on your personal guilt level. They are generally people who didn't return them to get their deposit back and instead decide to sell them. Considering that the breweries have to spend far more than the deposit value to buy them, it can really hurt the little guys. Now, if it was a BMC or generic beer store keg...

icemachine
Beer Superstar

Post by icemachine »

Patrick at Ontario Beer Kegs is offering 15 Gallon pots with two welded ports for a ridiculously low price on the SOB forum, although he may have closed that already. They will be on his website soon, but at a higher price.
"Everything ... is happening" - Bob Cole

dale cannon

Post by dale cannon »

icemachine wrote:Patrick at Ontario Beer Kegs is offering 15 Gallon pots with two welded ports for a ridiculously low price on the SOB forum, although he may have closed that already. They will be on his website soon, but at a higher price.
Closed.

I'd have pulled the trigger on one had I seen it in time. Alas, hadn't logged in there in months...

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

drop him an email. i was really happy with my only past purchase from him, and have heard rave reviews from others about his customer service. worst case you get one at a slightly-higher-but-still-pretty-good-deal price. plus if he's planning to have them in the store, he likely has extras on order anyway.