Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Brauhaus

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

jmcnally

Brauhaus

Post by jmcnally »

Posted this over in the Beer Events section, too, but wondered if anyone was planning to attend the next Brauhaus homebrew tasting event, this coming Saturday? It sounds like a great time and might help answer a few questions for someone (like me) who's considering starting to brew.

http://www.brauhausto.com for more information.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

jmcnally wrote:Posted this over in the Beer Events section, too, but wondered if anyone was planning to attend the next Brauhaus homebrew tasting event, this coming Saturday? It sounds like a great time and might help answer a few questions for someone (like me) who's considering starting to brew.

http://www.brauhausto.com for more information.
i was one of the brewers involved in the first event. considering that i was slinging draught all night, i still loved the event.
laid back, easy going, great crowd, zero snobbery. as a home brewer, it is always great to have people coming back and asking to try your beer. your ego's sky high (for one night). but the crowd is really great and it was a dangerously fun night.

do not bring a car. seriously. lots and lots of beer to consume.

i've tried one of the beer being served (Peter's saison) and it was really, really nice.

all of the brewers are more than willing to talk. my suggestion, though, is if you are interested in brewing, post something on the home brew forum and buddy up with a brewer. see what's involved and find a mentor. makes your life much easier. use Brauhaus as inspiration as far as what you can do and where toronto's grass roots brewing scene is going.

from the last brauhaus, you have 1 person (Brad) brewing his own nano, one looking at starting a microbrewery (Hoptomology), 1 who's brewed with Amsterdam and GLB (Zack) and me, who likes turtles.

J343MY

Post by J343MY »

I like turtles too! See you guys there.