Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Do You Care About LCBO Strike

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Swampale

Do You Care About LCBO Strike

Post by Swampale »

Just like the topic says, me as a homebrewer do not care if they go on strike. However, I don't want them to go on strike because it will hurt the small pro brewers in this province. I never, ever go to those bastards called the Beer Store, but I am a regular customer of the LCBO. I am in there twice a week seeking out beers that I haven't had the pleasure to partake.

Swampale

matt7215
Beer Superstar

Post by matt7215 »

I hope they go on strike an the union dissolves. Then people like steelbackguy and peensteen can get jobs as managers and run the the best stores in the province.

JerCraigs
Beer Superstar

Post by JerCraigs »

Short term no, I have enough rum and beer in the house to last a while, and I'm heading stateside soon. Even if I wasn't most of my beer needs can be met from the local breweries. Wine is available at various outlets.

Long term yes... for a variety of reasons. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Derek
Beer Superstar

Post by Derek »

Nope, BC Liquor is still open. :P

As long as The Beer Store is around though, I'd hate to see the LCBO fall apart.

atomeyes
Beer Superstar

Post by atomeyes »

depends....

balancing out my homebrew with my Buffalo and Michigan-supplemented cellar, I can go a really long time w/o hitting the LCBO. the Dupont release was my 1st visit to the LCBO for beer since...buying one Samiclaus for dinner? and before that...it was for a case of Orval.

but things like the Chimay release and Maverick and Gose will likely require an LCBO visit from me. other than that one release, i doubt i'd set foot in an LCBO until the fall release. there is really nothing that calls me to spend my $$ there.

and if i want wine, it is the perfect time of year to drive to Niagara to visit the wineries directly and find some fresh fruit.

Baulz

Post by Baulz »

I can survive without the LCBO. With a baby on the way I've been stockpiling homebrew for a while now.

A strike would help out our local brewery (The Publican) as their retail store will still be open as usual.