Looking for the original Bar Towel blog? You can find it at www.thebartowel.com.

We have a trivia question in order to register to prevent bots. If you have any issues with answering, contact us at cass@bartowel.com for help.

Introducing Light Mode! If you would like a Bar Towel social experience that isn't the traditional blue, you can now select Light Mode. Go to the User Control Panel and then Board Preferences, and select "Day Drinking" (Light Mode) from the My Board Style drop-down menu. You can always switch back to "Night Drinking" (Dark Mode). Enjoy!

Raw Soft White Wheat

Post your own tasty recipes or homebrewing advice here.

Moderators: Craig, Cass

Scottatron

Raw Soft White Wheat

Post by Scottatron »

Does anyone know where I can get some raw soft white wheat such as this:

http://www.bobsredmill.com/soft-white-w ... rries.html

I brewed a lambic style ale a few weeks ago and used hard wheat as it was all I could find. I found some raw hard wheat at bulk barn but no soft white. Anyone know where I can find some (preferably in or around Toronto)?

Thanks in advance.

jcc

Post by jcc »

Grain Process Enteriprises out in Scarborough does sell soft white wheat berries according to their product list.

I have some Raw Wheat from G&P that I confirmed is Ontario Soft White wheat. If you are interested I can get some to you, depending on how much you need. Think I have 12 kg or so. Could swap for homebrew.

PM me if you are interested.

jeremy

Scottatron

Post by Scottatron »

jcc wrote:Grain Process Enteriprises out in Scarborough does sell soft white wheat berries according to their product list.

I have some Raw Wheat from G&P that I confirmed is Ontario Soft White wheat. If you are interested I can get some to you, depending on how much you need. Think I have 12 kg or so. Could swap for homebrew.

PM me if you are interested.

jeremy
Thanks a lot for the reply. That is not far from my place at all. I will check it out and see what they have got.

Thanks for the offer. I have some specialty grains I am not using that I am willing to trade as well. If the lead falls through, maybe we can trade.

Scott

grub
Seasoned Drinker

Post by grub »

fwiw, I've had good luck brewing lambic style using "hard wheat kernels" from bulk barn (i think that's the name...). I read the pros+cons of the various types in Wild Brews and these seemed like a good match, plus they were convenient.
@grubextrapolate // @biergotter // http://biergotter.org/